#SaveKilljoys 60-second fan-fiction contest
Film Daily is fighting for you this year by rallying support for some of the best prematurely cancelled television series. Sci-fi fans have had a tough run for the last couple of years, as thrilling action adventures like Dark Matter and Timeless have been unceremoniously kicked off the airwaves by network dinosaurs.
According to outdated methods of gathering data, the ratings for shows like Killjoys have been dwindling, but we want to see your support to prove the fans are still out there.
Killjoys luckily has the chance to bring its plot arcs full circle in its final season, due to air later this year, but we don’t think five seasons is nearly enough for this innovative and compelling series. That’s why we want to hear from you. Send us your best ideas, concepts, and headcanons, and you could be in with a chance to see your story turned into a professional screenplay.
How it works
- You write your concept for an episode of Killjoys in five sentences or less.
- We choose the concept we think would make a great screenplay.
- The writer of the best teleplay concept receives a $100 Amazon gift voucher (to spend on more Killjoys merch, of course).
- Just for fun, we’ll work with a professional screenwriter to punch up your concept as a 15-minute fanfiction script.
- Contest opens NOW.
- Contest closes May 30th, 2019
- Dutch & Delle: will they / won’t they?
- Is Pawter set to make a big comeback?
- How will the team defeat the Lady?
- Is there a new threat on the horizon?