If you ever needed finite proof that fandoms rule TV shows (and not the other way around), you need to keep up with TV polls. In recent weeks, we’ve seen the Shadowfam, Lucifans, Earpers, and every other fandom under the sun flock to online polls to vote for their favorite shows (and show support for their fellow fandom warriors).
Go to your voting page now:
In these bold new bingewatching times, TV networks and platforms can’t rely on the old outdated Nielsen rating to track the viewing habits of their audiences, so making renewal decisions can be harder than ever.
A show may have a pitifully low number of live viewers (we’re looking at You on Lifetime) but clean up on catchup viewing and streaming platform bingewatcher views. Because audience numbers are more “fluid” than ever, fandom polls are paying a part in influencing decisionmakers when it comes time to renew a show.
As you well know, we’re dedicated to keeping the shows on air that our fandom family loves, so it’s high time we dive into the TV poll world to help our favorite shows stay around or be saved.
We’re going to share the results of our polls with complete data, metrics, and geographic information publicly, so if any studios are on the fence about a renewal they can see just how large and dedicated each fandom is for their shows. (Don’t worry: your personal data is always safe with us here. We wouldn’t dream of sharing names, email addresses, IP addresses, or anything of the like).
So without further preamble, here’s everything to know about our first annual Bingewatch Awards:
- Initial voting for, the Film Daily Bingewatch Awards will take place between the second and the last week of August annually.
- All polls will be open from their launch day until 1:00 am ET on September 1st, 2019.
- Voting will reopen on Monday September 2nd, 2019 to compete for the overall winner.
- You can vote as many times as you’d like in each poll.
- Voting is open internationally.
- TV shows included in the categories must be available to watch in the USA legally and have had a season air after Jan 1st, 2019, unless the category specifies otherwise.
- The links to each poll will be posted here daily.
We know how powerful TV fandoms are. Here’s another chance to make your voice heard. Limber up your fingers, because now’s the time to vote.
Bookmark this page and don’t forget to join the conversation over at Twitter so you don’t miss any daily polls.
Scroll down and find the links to the Bingewatch Awards voting pages!