Spice up your pizza night: Try these homemade pizza recipes
Mama mia! Is there anything better than a great slice of ‘zza? To many, pizza is the ultimate comfort food & few dishes can hold a candle to a perfect pie. However, homemade pizza recipes can be a little intimidating, and more often than not, pizza cravings are satiated by a delivery from the local pizza joint.
However, following homemade pizza recipes is easier than you’d think; many don’t require the super hot pizza ovens made famous by Kramer’s warm clothes in Seinfeld or even the bougie brick ovens shown off by blue checks on Instagram. But is it even possible to make a pie similar to the legit pizzas we get from our favorite pizza parlors?
Thanks to the world wide web, great homemade pizzas are possible in kitchens of all kinds. We’ve scoured the web for some of the best homemade pizza recipes you can pull off with ease from home. Go on, channel your inner ninja turtle and make pizzas all by yourself with the homemade pizza recipes we’ve found online.
Quick homemade pizza
Homemade pizza recipes can ask for a lot of our time, but Divas Can Cook brings us their quick homemade pizza recipe that you can pull off in just about an hour. We know you’re hungry, but if you want the roof of your mouth intact, let this bad boy cool for a few minutes before you chow down.
1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 cup white onions diced, 2 large cloves garlic minced, 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes drained & pureed, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, 1 tsp. brown sugar, 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, 1/2 cup chicken broth.
1 cup warm water, 2 teaspoons sugar divided, 1 packet active dry yeast, 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour sifted, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 heaping teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1 heaping teaspoon parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Add olive oil into a large skillet over medium heat, add onions, and sauté until tender.
- Stir in garlic until fragrant and add pureed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes.
- Stir in chicken broth & bring to a boil, then lower heat to simmer until reduced.
- To make the crust, in a small bowl or glass, add one teaspoon sugar to very warm water.
- Stir in yeast and let sit for ten to fifteen minutes to allow the yeast to proof.
- When yeast is ready, add mixture to a large bowl.
- Stir in flour, salt, remaining sugar, oil, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese.
- When dough forms, place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead gently with oiled hands.
- Press the dough into a lightly greased twelve-inch pizza pan.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and place in a warm location for thirty minutes.
- Spread sauce over pizza, top with cheese & toppings, and bake for twelve minutes or until dough is cooked to desired color.
- Let cool & enjoy.
What’s a more classic homemade pizza recipe than a pepperoni pie? Food.com user MezzNezz gives us their easy & quick homemade pizza with pepperoni that’ll have meat-eaters in heaven with their favorite salty topping.
2 1⁄2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 tablespoon fast rise yeast, 1 cup water, 1 tablespoon oil, 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, 1 1⁄2 cups pepperoni slices, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, sugar, and yeast.
- Mix water & oil into dry mixture.
- Move to a floured surface; knead for two minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turn to cover in oil.
- Cover & let rise for twenty minutes.
- Remove, pat & stretch onto a twelve-inch greased pizza pan.
- In a large bowl, mix tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spread sauce on dough and arrange ½ of your pepperoni slices on top of sauce.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 the mozzarella, 1/2 the Monterey Jack, and 1/2 the parmesan.
- Put the rest of the pepperoni on.
- Repeat the cheese layer.
- Bake for twenty minutes or until cooked through.
- Let cool & enjoy.
Easy homemade pizza
Are these homemade pizza recipes about to scare you out of the kitchen forever with this talk of yeast, proofing, and homemade dough? No need to worry, a homemade pizza is still homemade with store-bought crust. Jenna Passarro from Spend With Pennies gives us the easiest homemade pizza of all.
1 bag pizza dough, 16 oz pizza sauce, 2 tsp Italian seasoning, 3 tbsp flour, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 pinch salt, 8 oz shredded mozzarella, fontina or cheddar, ⅔ cup toppings of your choice., 2 tbsp basil chopped, handful parmesan.
- Let dough rise in its bag on the counter for thirty minutes to an hour. When you’re ready to make the pizza, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place dough on a floured surface and coat each side. Stretch the dough out as best you can and when it’s large enough, transfer it to a sheet pan lined with oiled parchment paper.
- Bake the pizza dough in the oven for seven minutes. During this time, prep your toppings.
- Take the crust out of the oven and raise the heat to 500.
- Brush olive oil around the edge of the crust.
- Add the sauce, Italian seasoning, cheese, and other toppings. Sprinkle the crust with parmesan and salt.
- Bake the pizza at 500 for seven to ten minutes and remove when the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle chopped basil on top, cool, and serve.