Can you make Neapolitan ice cream at home? Check out these recipes
This summer, make a bonfire for the friends & family to gather around for cherishable times. Imagine sitting around a fire that gleams like a copper kettle. A little sun on the ground that favors a blooming sunset spread across the sky like butter on toast. Now, you could never go wrong with the classical s’mores but it’s summer. Ice cream is the perfect dish for this season.
There’s far more flavors than what often meets the eye at shops. We’ve all heard of neapolitan ice cream: three flavors all alone yet still all in one. Sure, we love chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla but even they can be spiced up a bit. But no matter what you do, have this cool food by that beautiful fire. We’ve got some great recipes that’ll help!
Neapolitan Ice Cream
Let’s begin with the classical bunch: strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate. They mind as well be triplets since they’re great companions. This mixture will never get old, but you still don’t have to waste your time going to the store. Make homemade neapolitan ice cream, the classical style.
- 14 oz of cold sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups of cold whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of pureed frozen strawberries
- ½ cup of melted chocolate
- Melt your chocolate in a microwave safe bowl or over a bain marie then set it aside to cool.
- Put the sweetened condensed milk in the fridge to keep it cold.
- Take a stand mixer and set it to medium.
- Beat the cold heavy cream with the whisk attachment until stiff peaks form.
- Turn the speed down and pour the condensed milk into the whipped cream then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Turn up the machine speed again.
- Whip until the mixture is thick and stiff to peaks.
- At this point, you’ll have your ice cream base evenly.
- Divide it into 3 separate bowls.
- Put the strawberry puree in one bowl and fold until it’s evenly combined.
- Put the melted chocolate in the next bowl and fold until evenly combined.
- Do the same for the vanilla mixture.
- Freeze your ice cream for at least six hours or overnight.
Neapolitan Banana Ice Cream
They’re nature’s candy bars, sweet & soft. They hail from the tropics, seemingly home to the summer season. Banana ice cream tastes like cool cake, and it’ll blend beautifully as a painting with other flavors.
Ingredients (Vanilla Banana Ice Cream)
- 3 large peeled ripened bananas
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
Ingredients (Chocolate Banana Ice Cream)
- 3 large peeled ripened bananas
- 3 tablespoons of Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of virgin coconut oil
Ingredients (Strawberry Banana Ice Cream)
- 2 large peeled ripened bananas
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- For the vanilla ice cream, cut each banana into 6 chunks.
- Freeze them until they’re stone solid overnight.
- Put the banana chunks and vanilla bean seeds in a food processor then process.
- Once the bananas are light and creamy like ice cream, move them to a bowl then put it in the freezer.
- For the chocolate banana ice cream, cut each banana into 6 chunks then freeze them.
- Take the banana chunks, cocoa powder and coconut oil in a food processor then process.
- Once all soft and creamy, move it to a bowl and put it in the freezer.
- For the strawberry banana ice cream, cut the bananas into 6 chunks and freeze them.
- Gather the banana chunks and strawberries in the food processor then process.
- Put the creamy mixture in a bowl so it can go in the freezer.
- Scrape the vanilla bean ice cream into one end of an 8-by-5inch loaf pan. It should fill about ⅓ of the length of the pan.
- Add the chocolate banana ice cream next.
- Add the strawberry banana ice cream.
- Freeze it until it’s ready to serve.