Perfect your mom’s recipe with the best meatloaf recipes online
Big lunches or dinners are always perfected with some slow-cooked meatloaf, full of juicy flavors. But getting that perfectly medium-rare meatloaf without pulling out your hair in frustration or under/overcooking the expensive meat can be a little tricky.
You can cook up some good ol’ meatloaf to serve a large group, make enough for leftovers to escape cooking for a little while, or prepare some delish meatloaf sandwiches. Whatever the reason, we have some helpful tips & recipes to create the best tasting meatloaf that will absolutely melt in your mouth.
Usually foods like the meatloaf are comforting because they remind us of our families’ recipes, and due to the current pandemic, many can’t be with their folk and miss home-cooked meals. Give these meatloaf recipes a try and have the best time ever by fulfilling your fancy meat-craving.
Spice up your meatloaf with this southern style ground turkey recipe with delicate flavors to enrich your palette.
Cooking spray, 2 pounds of ground turkey, ½ cup bread crumbs, 1 medium cup finely chopped onion, 1 medium green bell pepper, 1 large egg, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, salt, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, ⅓ cup ketchup.
½ cup barbecue sauce, ¼ cup ketchup.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease an 8-by-4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix ground turkey with bread crumbs, onion, green pepper, egg, paprika, garlic powder, salt, thyme, black pepper, and ketchup. Make sure not to overmix the meat.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a loaf pan (or shape it into a loaf on a rimmed baking sheet). In a small bowl, mix together barbecue sauce & ketchup. Spread sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake meatloaf for an hour and fifteen minutes until the internal temperature of the meat is 165° Fahrenheit. Let it rest for ten minutes before slicing & serving.
Old fashioned meatloaf
Nothing tastes better than ancient meatloaf recipes, cooked with simple but delicious ingredients to yield the best results for your dinner. Follow along to make an old fashioned meatloaf!
1 beaten egg, ⅔ cup of milk, 3 slices of crumbled stale bread, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 medium onion (chopped), ½ cup grated carrot, 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, 1 ½ pounds ground beef, ¼ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup ketchup, 1 tablespoon prepared mustard.
- Mix egg & milk together in a large bowl. Add bread and stir well then add cheddar cheese, onion, carrot, salt, and pepper.
- Crumble ground beef over all and mix well. Spoon mixture into a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Pack down & shape into a loaf.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, ketchup, and mustard. Spread over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for an hour or a little more until no pink remains in the center and the meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Remove from the oven, drain off grease and let it stand for ten minutes before slicing.
Ina Garten’s classic meatloaf recipe
If you’re an avid watcher of Barefoot Contessa, you know Ina Garten has some of the best festive recipes and of course, it can’t be without her mouthwatering meatloaf dish. Here’s the classic take on the meatloaf.
1 tablespoon olive oil, 3 cups of chopped yellow onions, 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, ⅓ cup canned chicken stock or broth, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 2 ½ pounds ground chuck (81 percent lean), ½ cup plain dry bread crumbs, 2 extra-large eggs (beaten), ½ cup ketchup.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add olive oil to a pan and warm it over medium-low heat; then add the onions, thyme, salt, and pepper and saute for ten minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent.
- Remove from the heat and add the Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, and tomato paste. Cool the mixture slightly before adding it to the meat.
- Combine the meat, onion mixture, bread crumbs, and eggs. Garten recommends using a light touch when mixing everything together so the meatloaf doesn’t become too dense.
- Place the meat mixture on the sheet pan and form it into a rectangular shape. Spread ketchup over the top.
- Bake the meatloaf for an hour to an hour and ten minutes until the internal temperature reaches 155 to 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cool the meatloaf before slicing & serving. Enjoy!