Are you on a gluten-free diet? Try out these delicious recipes today
Going on a gluten-free diet is hard. Not many restaurants will have gluten-free options and many recipes online may end up a bit bland.
The benefits of the diet are fantastic – we can’t lie. People often feel more energized & healthy due to the gluten-free foods as well as a lot of exercise. But it’s often the quality of those foods that have people frustrated at mealtimes.
But what if that wasn’t the case? What if you could find gluten-free recipes that taste great and let you keep to your diet? We simmered down a few gluten-free recipes that will have your mouth watering! Grab your knives and let’s get cooking!
Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
This first gluten-free recipe is perfect for any morning where you need a pick-me-up! It has all the great flavors of regular hash without the calories!
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes (approx 4 cups cubes)
- 2 cups kale leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Heat a large saute pan on medium heat. Add the bacon and saute until golden and crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon to a paper towel or small bowl.
- Add the diced onion and red bell pepper to the pan and saute for one minute to soften.
- Add the diced sweet potato and spices to the pan. Cook the sweet potato for ten to twelve minutes, stirring often. Place a lid on the pan for the last five minutes to soften the sweet potato until fork tender.
- Add the bacon back into the pan along with the kale and stir for an additional one to two minutes or until the kale is wilted.
- Use a spatula to create four wells in the hash. Crack an egg into each well and cook until the eggs are done to your liking. You can add a lid to the pan to cook the eggs through faster.
- Remove the breakfast hash from the heat. Season with salt and pepper and top with sliced green onion. Serve immediately.
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Need a quick & filling lunch that travels easily? This next gluten-free recipe is for you!
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- Lemon vinaigrette – you can use as much or as little as you’d like
- Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Pour the lemon vinaigrette over the salad and give it a gentle stir.
- Transfer the salad to a large bowl and serve.
Zucchini Pasta with Lemon Garlic Shrimp
This last gluten-free recipe is perfect for a light but fulfilling dinner. If you need something simple that still supports your gluten-free diet or just have a craving for seafood but don’t want the calories, this recipe is for you!
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1.5 lb approx 30 raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/4 cup white wine, or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Wash and cut the ends of the zucchini. Using a spiralizer, make the zucchini pasta. Then, set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp in one flat layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for one minute without stirring, so the bottom side gets a little crispy.
- Add the chopped garlic, then stir the shrimp for another minute or two to cook the other side. Use a large spoon or tongs to remove the shrimp to a plate.
- Add the butter, lemon juice & zest, red pepper flakes, and white wine to the pan. Bring to a simmer for two to three minutes while stirring.
- Stir in the parsley, then add the zucchini pasta and toss for thirty seconds to warm it up. Add the shrimp back to the pan and stir for another minute. Serve immediately.
Have any other great gluten-free recipes? Let us know in the comments below so we can keep on cooking!