How to Make Tasty Weight Loss Menu on Your Own
Nutrition experts are strongly convinced that there is no healthier and more effective way to lose extra pounds than a combination of proper nutrition, physical activity, and discipline. Only having a clear plan, you will be able to reach long-awaited results.
Specs of a weight loss diet?
If you aim to normalize your weight, then the main task of yours is not to refuse food but to build a nutrition system that will help the body burn excess fat. The basis of the diet should be chicken, turkey, lean, and red meat. At the same time, you should also eat fish, avocado, olive oil, eggs, and dairy products.
To make sure that your body receives all the necessary vitamins and microelements, you should also eat fruits, vegetables and herbs, whole grains, natural spices, and pure still water. If you have no time to go to the grocery shop every day and are looking for the best prices, then rabato.com will show you the latest grocery deals allowing you to pick the best offers.
The suggestion of a weight loss menu
Although there is no universal diet that would work for all, we have still developed a menu that will create a calorie deficit and stimulate the fat burn:
- 100-150 g of vegetables;
- 150 ml of dairy products;
- 120 g meat or fish;
- 12 grapes;
- 1 apple, banana, orange or pear;
- 1/2 mango or grapefruit;
- 1/4 avocado.
Tip: Try to eat as many fresh, not cooked, vegetables, and fruits as possible; the most suitable way to cook meat, fish, and side dishes are baking and boiling.
How to use a meal plan?
The main thing here is food diversity! The menus we have developed for each week are just examples of how to combine healthy products. You can choose your favorite dishes from the three lists and alternate them at your discretion or come up with your own options based on the recommended calorie content of each meal.
How to lose weight?
Breakfast: 3 options
- 200 g oatmeal with dried fruits, 2/3 cup milk, one fruit;
- 2 whole-grain toasts, 30 g of cheese, a boiled egg, one fruit;
- 150-200 g of cottage cheese with honey, 30 g of nuts, a glass of fresh juice.
Lunch: 3 options
- Vegetable salad dressed with lemon juice and olive oil, hot sandwich (whole grain bread, greens, chicken breast, soft cheese); one fruit;
- Chicken, tomatoes, one fruit;
- Sandwich with whole grain bread, salmon, avocado and dill, natural yogurt.
Dinner: 3 options
- Baked fish with vegetable salad;
- Pasta (whole grain only) with lean ground beef, garlic, parsley, tomatoes, and dry herbs;
- Chicken, a garnish of baked vegetables (pumpkin, broccoli, onions with olive oil and seasonings), fresh tomato.
Tip: If you do not see any changes in your body after 10 days of following the above diet, it makes sense to refuse all types of legumes, cabbage, and dried fruits. These products can cause bloating and flatulence, which do not allow you to reduce the weight. On top of that, the choice of desserts on the diet is small – you can only eat berries and cottage cheese.
Individual menu planning for the day/ week/ month will help develop a habit of healthy eating. Do not break or rebuild your usual daily routine; instead, rely on your lifestyle when creating your meal plan.
What’s important when creating a menu?
- When developing a weekly menu, prepare a shopping list for grocery stores, plan what you will cook, and when. Thus, you will know how to spend less on food and will purchase everything in advance.
- You can not skip breakfast, even if you do not feel hungry. Each breakfast should be balanced and nutritious – it should contain 50% of the daily intake of carbs, at least 30% proteins, and 20% fats.
- Dinner should contain mainly proteins. For example, you can eat low-fat cottage cheese, baked chicken meat, or steamed fish for dinner.
- When counting calories, take into consideration physical activity. For example, if you are going to move around the city all day or have planned cycling for a long distance, increase the diet caloric value. Plan the right amount of carbohydrates and proteins and have a good breakfast before you leave home.
By properly planning your diet, you will be able to reduce the body weight with less stress for your organism.