Revolutionize Education with App Development
The education industry, like every other market sector, has been affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Nowadays, an increasing number of individuals favor studying on their smartphones at their convenience.
As per Statista’s projections, the global market for eLearning is anticipated to expand by more than $370 billion by the year 2026.
- The eLearning market is expected to grow to $320 billion by 2025.
- 93% of companies plan to adopt online learning globally.
- Around 65% of US faculty members are advocates for online learning courses and educational resources.
- 72% of organizations believe that e-learning helps them increase their competitive edge by allowing them to keep up with changes.
As you can see, education app development is a very promising idea. The EdTech market is only gaining momentum, and it’s a great time to enter it with your own custom solution.
However, starting a new venture requires preparation. Forewarned is forearmed, right? So, based on our expertise in providing education app development services, we singled out a point to pay attention to.
Features to Make eLearning App Work
When building an educational app, you need to know what features are necessary for your target audience. A mobile education app typically has two types of users: teachers and students. The app’s features should cater to both users to guarantee the correct operation of your educational app and satisfy primary users’ needs.
For teachers, must-have features include:
Authorization. It allows teachers to log in via email or phone numbers to create their profiles and start using the app.
Profiles. The feature enables teachers to create their profiles with personal data such as name, job title, courses offered, certificates, etc.
Student management. Represented by a dashboard, student management is the place where teachers can quickly and efficiently manage students’ information, view their tests, leave comments about completed tasks, and give marks.
Course management. The feature enables teachers to add, edit, or remove courses. Using this feature, teachers can upload videos, photos, PDF documents, interactive exercises to test knowledge and other learning materials.
Notifications. The notification system allows teachers to receive notifications about upcoming courses, new students on their course, completed tasks, etc.
For students, must-have features include:
Authentication: This feature grants students access to the system through email, phone numbers, or social media, allowing them to create their profiles.
Profile creation: The student profile feature enables students to input their personal information, including name, age, location, goals, and preferred subjects.
Course search: The course search feature permits students to browse and find courses that match their interests. They can view details about the course, instructors, reviews, prices, and other information.
Dashboard: The dashboard feature offers students an overview of their progress, including purchased and current courses, progress, linked teachers, and schedules for upcoming lessons or exams.
Payment processing: The payment feature allows students to easily pay for their courses or subscriptions securely.
Notifications: Notifications keep students informed about upcoming courses, exam schedules, and received grades.
Social media integration: In addition to allowing easy access to the system, social media integration enables students to share their progress on social media platforms like Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
Innovative Technologies to Strengthen Your Educational App
Developing an educational app requires careful consideration of the right technology to use. Native, hybrid or web app development are all options to consider.
Native app development is the best choice when developing an educational app that will operate exclusively on a specific platform, such as iOS or Android. This technology allows for the creation of an app that performs optimally on the target platform, ensuring a seamless user experience.
Hybrid app development is another option to consider, as it allows for building apps that are both native and web-based. This technology utilizes web technologies, which are wrapped in a native container to create an app that behaves like a website but can also take advantage of features of the mobile device.
Web app development is yet another option, which involves building apps that use remote servers and operate on mobile devices. This option can be particularly useful if your app is designed to be used across multiple platforms, as it can reduce the time and effort required to develop and maintain separate versions of the app for each platform.
Aside from the features and technology, it’s essential to consider design best practices.
Tips for Designing an eLearning App
A well-designed product can go a long way in enhancing the user experience and improving overall satisfaction. So, here’re some tips that can help you to make a strong UI/UX design.
- It is crucial to ensure that the user interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. This can be achieved through the use of clear and concise language, as well as the placement of buttons and menus in logical locations.
- The color scheme and layout of the design should be visually appealing and consistent with the overall brand identity.
- Another important consideration is accessibility, which involves designing with users of all abilities in mind. This can include features such as alternative text for images, adjustable font sizes, and keyboard shortcuts.
- By designing for the appropriate age group, you can effectively engage your target audience, address user pain points, and encourage long-term app usage.
- One way to enhance the app’s appeal is by creating video lectures that replicate real-life learning programs, with teachers explaining concepts in an engaging and interactive manner. Moreover, adopting a microteaching approach is ideal for users who prefer studying in short bursts while on the go.
- It is beneficial to incorporate gamification elements such as points, levels, quizzes, polls, rewards, badges, and more to make the learning process more enjoyable and engaging for users.
eLearning App Business Models
Monetization strategies include freemium, paid apps, in-app purchases, in-app ads, and partnerships.
Freemium seems like a top option since users can try a bit of what you have to offer and sample what they may be willing to pay for.
In-app purchases may comprise various items such as access to detailed statistics or a virtual amulet that allows skipping one day of training without losing their progress.
In-app ads can be used too, but it’s essential to add them carefully so they don’t push your learners away.
Partnerships with educational institutions can also be formed, where app developers can either sell the product to an institution or make an agreement to use their learning materials in the app.
Trusting EdTech Project to a Reliable Education Mobile App Development Company
Choosing the right education mobile app development company can be a difficult task. Before starting cooperation, ensure your tech partner clearly understands your project goals and requirements. It’s crucial to check the company’s portfolio, see rates and reviews and set the first call to communicate directly with their team.
As access to education becomes increasingly crucial in today’s world, mobile educational applications are becoming a valuable and sought-after asset in the app market. If you’re ready to embark on an educational journey and offer something unique to the world, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Let’s work together to make your journey a resounding success.