All You Need to Know About LED Strip Lights
LED strip lights are a versatile, energy-efficient lighting option for any home. Led strip lights are available in a variety of colors, sizes, and intensities, making them perfect for any mood or setting. Plus, they’re easy to install and come with a variety of mounting options. Read on to learn more about LED Strip Lights.
What Are LED Strip Lights?
Exactly as they seem, these strip lights are strips of LEDs that can be used for accent lighting, task lighting, and general ambient lighting, among other things.
LED strip lights are available in a wide range of colors, including white, warm white, red, green, blue, and pink. And they come in a variety of intensities, from subtle and calming to bright and bold. They also come with a choice of mounting options and are simple to install.
The Benefits of LED Strip Lights
There are many benefits to using LED strip lights in your home.
- One of the most significant benefits is that they’re much more energy-efficient than traditional incandescent bulbs. In fact, LEDs use up to 90% less energy than incandescent bulbs and last up to 50 times longer. This means that you’ll not only save money on your energy bills but also on replacement bulbs.
- In addition to being more energy-efficient, LEDs also emit very little heat, making them a safer option than incandescent bulbs. And because they last so much longer than traditional bulbs, you won’t have to worry about constantly changing them out.
- Another benefit of using LED strip lights is that they’re extremely versatile. They can be used for general ambient lighting, task lighting, accent lighting—you name it! Plus, they can be used indoors or outdoors (as long as they’re properly rated for outdoor use). And if you ever want to change up your look, simply remove the old strips and install new ones—it’s that easy!
How to Install LED Strip Lights
Installing LED strip lights is a relatively easy process that anyone can do—no electrical experience necessary! Just follow these simple steps:
1) Choose Your Location: First things first—choose where you want your LEDs installed. Keep in mind that LEDs can be used for a variety of purposes (e.g., general ambient lighting, and task lighting), so make sure to select a location that will best suit your needs.
2) Clean the Surface: Once you’ve selected your location(s), clean the surface(s) with isopropyl alcohol to ensure that the adhesive will properly adhere. Allow the surface(s) to completely dry before moving on to the next step.
3) Measure & Cut Your LEDs: Next, measure and cut your LEDs to size using scissors or wire cutters. Make sure to leave enough excess wire at each end so that you can easily connect the strips together (if necessary) and connect them to your power source (more on that later). Once you’ve cut your LEDs to size, peel off the adhesive backing and apply them to the surface(s).
4) Connect Your Power Source: Almost there! Now it’s time to connect your power source (e.g., battery pack or power adapter). If you’re using multiple strips of LEDs connected end-to-end (known as an “extension lead”), make sure that each strip is properly connected before connecting the entire system to its power source.
Once everything is connected properly ( double check!), flip the switch or plug in your power source and enjoy your new LED lighting!
Installing LED strip lights is a great way to add energy-efficient accent or task lighting anywhere in your home—indoors or outdoors! Not only are they environmentally friendly but also very versatile and easy to install yourself—no electrical experience necessary! So what are you waiting for? Give it a try today!