Take your ramen to the next level with these delicious noodle recipes
There’s truly nothing better than a hearty, steaming bowl of fresh ramen. Yet, it can be kind of intimidating to make it at home. Images of sweating over a pot of broth which needs hours of stewing or noodles made from hand begin to strike fear in our hearts. Well, you’re in luck, because making ramen noodles doesn’t have to be difficult at all!
These recipes with ramen noodles are way easier than you think! Keep reading and try not to drool over these delicious ramen noodle recipes! We’ve compiled a list which includes vegan and gluten free recipes!
Quick homemade ramen recipe
Add some fresh vegetables & herbs to make this quick & easy bowl of ramen noodles! By using a vegetable broth, this becomes a vegan ramen noodle recipe! Pinch of Yum created this weeknight savior!
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons grated ginger
- 4 teaspoons grated garlic
- 4 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 4 cups water
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 packages instant ramen (noodles only)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Sriracha to taste
- Crunchy golden panko crumbs for topping.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large pan over medium low heat. Add garlic and ginger and stir fry for two minutes.
- Add the broth and the water. Bring to a simmer then add the mushrooms. Let simmer for ten minutes or until the mushrooms have softened.
- Add the instant noodles to the pot and simmer for an additional five minutes or until the noodles have softened. Stir in the scallions.
- Remove from the heat and add the kale and carrots. If you want, top with crunchy panko crumbs and a soft-boiled egg. Season with chili oil, hot sauce, sesame oil, and/or soy sauce and salt to taste.
Gluten-free Instant Pot ramen
This gluten-free recipe features a flavorful bacon broth and can be done in thirty minutes! Let the Instant Pot do the hard work in this ramen noodle recipe!
- 1/2 package of chopped bacon
- 1 inch fresh minced ginger
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 ounces gluten-free noodles
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup peeled carrot, green onions, chilies and cilantro, for serving.
- Hit “saute” on your Instant Pot and place the bacon inside. Cook the bacon until crispy, and then remove the bacon. Leave the grease inside the Instant Pot.
- Add the ginger & mushrooms, and stir with a wooden spoon for two minutes, until the mushrooms are browned.
- Turn off the “saute” function. Add in the 5 cups of broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, red curry paste, sesame oil, and chicken breasts.
- Close the lid, move the valve to sealing and use the “manual” button until you reach twenty-seven minutes.
- Once the timer is done, move the valve to venting to quickly release the pressure.
- Open the lid and add in your noodles, carrots, and spinach.
- Remove your chicken and shred. Return the shredded chicken to the pot.
- Ladle into bowls, and top with your garnishes and crisped bacon.
Shoyu ramen recipe
This recipe from Delish steps up a few levels compared to the previous recipes with ramen noodles. If you’re willing to put in some extra effort to reach maximum flavor, this recipe with ramen noodles is for you!
Chicken dashi stock
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 16 dried shiitake mushroom
- 30 g kombu (kelp)
- 2 cups of dried bonito flakes
Tare marinade and chashu pork
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/4 cups mirin
- 1/2 cups sake
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 inch piece sliced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled & smashed)
- 3 green onions
- 1 pound pork belly with skin on and cut into 2 inch strips.
- 4 cold large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups reserved chashu-tare liquid.
Garlic chili oil
- 8 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon ground chili
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds.
For each bowl
- 4 oz. fresh ramen noodles
- 1 1/2 cups chicken dashi
- 2 reserved shiitake mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons tare
- 2 slices chashu
- 1 marinated egg (halved)
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoons garlic chili oil
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring chicken broth to a simmer. Remove from heat and let cool for two minutes. Add in mushrooms and kombu, cook for five minutes. Then, add in bonito flakes and cook for another five minutes. Strain and save solids for marinated eggs and serving.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring all marinade ingredients except pork to a low simmer and reduce heat to low.
- In another medium pot over medium heat, bring pork and six cups of water to a low simmer. Drain immediately and rinse pork.
- Place pork in marinade and bring to a simmer. Cover and continue to cook on low until tender, or about one hour and twenty minutes. Turn pork occasionally.
- Let cool for twenty minutes, then strain and save liquid for serving. Slice pork before serving.
- In a small saucepan over the lowest possible heat, simmer garlic in oil, stirring occasionally, about fifteen minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in chili. Let rest for two minutes, then stir in sesame.
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook ramen for about one minute. If using instant ramen, follow packet instructions. Drain ramen noodles.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm dashi and shiitake until simmering. Cook for one minute and remove from heat.
- Add broth, marinade, and noodles to the serving bowl. Top with pork, marinated egg, shiitake, green onion, and some chili oil.
Which of these recipes look best to you? Let us know in the comments below!