How to Submit Vat Return Online in Bangladesh
In Bangladesh, those doing business must submit VAT returns on time. Traditional methods of filing the VAT form have been time-consuming for a long time. With the help of digitalization, one can now submit the vat return online BD quickly.
But how can you fill up the form, and what is the process? Do not worry; we got you covered.
Whether you have a small business or a large factory, follow the steps and submit the VAT return online easily and quickly.
Step 1: Register with the Sign Up Page
First, you have to sign up when you want to submit the vat return online.
Visit the website https://vat.gov.bd/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/zmcf_pri/index.html#/Welcome to register. At the top of the page, you will click the sign-up button.
Follow the steps to sign up:
- Select the user type whether you are a resident or non-resident.
- From the identity category, select NID or Passport which you have.
- Put the NID or Passport number in the required field.
- Type the name in the name field.
- Select the designation from the option.
- Type the mobile no. and email address.
- From the recovery box, select the required question you like and put the answer. The answer would help you to recover the password if you forgot it.
The interesting fact is there is a check button at the top. If you click the button, you can know if any information is missing or typed incorrectly. At last, click on the submit button.
After submitting, you will receive a mail from the VAT Online Service. You will get a username and password to log in.
Step 2: Log in to the User Page
After completing the sign-up page, return to the welcome page.
- Select the login button.
- Type the username and password you get from the mail.
- Then log in to the website.
- You can reset the password by clicking on the reset password button.
Step 3: Fill up the Forms for VAT
When you log in, a dashboard will appear on the screen. Select the forms and then click on the add form. You will get a message showing whether you have registered for a 13-digit BIN.
If you have not registered, then at the right-side corner, click on the link to the main form.
Fill up the form step by step in the following manner:
- Select the new registration category.
- From the business information box, select the type of ownership you have.
- Type the trade license number, e-TIN number, and issue date of those license numbers.
- Then, type the name of the entity and trading brand name.
- Click on the registration type (VAT or turnover tax) and equity information, whether 100% local or foreign.
- Type the address of the factory/ business, district, police station, and postal code in the respective required fields.
- Fill in the appropriate fields with the mobile number and email address.
- Then comes the major area of economic activity. Select the check box from where the goods of your business come from.
- After providing all the information related to your business comes the bank account details. Type the account name and number. Select the bank name and branch from the drop-down menu.
- Next comes up the business operations box. Type the taxable turnover, projected turnover, and the number of employees.
- You can make a person authorized for all the information you have given to be correct. Just type all the information in the authorized personal information box.
- In the declaration box, provide the full name and designation.
- Provide all the required attachments, like a TIN certificate, NID/Passport, Trade license, bank statements, and other related papers.
After submitting the form, you will find the submission date and the status of your form. The VAT online service will send the required information regarding registration processing.
Step 4: Submit the VAT Online
Wait for a few days for confirmation of the registration. After confirmation, go to the home page. Click on the Filing Obligation from the dashboard. A page will appear showing the period and the due date of your VAT. Open the form by clicking on the form.
Follow the steps for submitting the VAT online.
- As you have to fill up the form, all the information is already saved in the system. The BIN number, taxpayer’s name and address, and ownership type are filled in.
- You will see the tax period is already mentioned. Select the return type and any activity in the tax period. If you press yes, then fill up the subform.
- If your company has income and expenses, select the option of the supply’s nature.
- After opening the subform, click add and give details on the service/good name and description. Submit the subform.
- Enter the value amount, and automatically the VAT amount will be added.
- Afterward, you must fill in the subform “Due to VAT deducted at Source from the supplies delivered.” Enter the buyer’s name and address, value amount, deducted VAT, chalan invoice, and chalan date. Then submit the subform.
- Next, click on the check box that all the information is true and correct and save the form as a draft.
- Select the attachment option and attach the payment papers. Then choose the document type and tick mark it.
- Click the check button to search for errors on the VAT submit the form.
- Finally, submit the form.
In summary, submitting VAT returns online in Bangladesh is a straightforward process. You can accurately fill up the VAT return by following the steps outlined in this article. Keeping correct records and complying with VAT requirements is critical to avoid penalties and fines. The availability of online materials from the National Board of Revenue helps you to navigate the VAT submission process. As a result, everyone can promptly contribute to Bangladesh’s economy’s growth.