Make your own ice cream this summer with these simple recipes
The pandemic is leaving, and it’ll be gone before we know it! Meanwhile, summer is coming, so we’ll all need a nice cool down. Ice cream recipes can be like gold this time of year, and you should never stop spicing up your food.
You’ll be surprised by some of the ice cream recipes that can bring some pizazz to this treat and do more than just take it to the next level. Don’t just have a sundae – treat it like a gourmet meal.
Try these recipes out – they’re like poetry in your mouth!
Concord Grape Sorbet With Rosemary and Black Pepper
You read that right, but what the heck is black pepper doing in ice cream?! The herbs & floral notes enhance the grape flavor. Plus, sweet & spicy are good friends.
- 2 ½ pounds of stemless Concord grapes
- ½ cup of honey
- 2 large sprigs of rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of whole black peppercorns
- Put the grapes in a food processor for forty-five to sixty seconds. After, they’ll turn into about ¾ cups of lump, purple slurry.
- Move the purée to a saucepan.
- Add honey, rosemary and black peppercorns.
- Simmer the mixture over medium-low heat for fifteen to twenty minutes or until it’s a little thickened and very fragrant.
- Put a fine-mesh sieve over a big bowl and pour the purée into the sieve and strain out the grape seeds, rosemary and peppercorns.
- Cover the bowl, and put it in the fridge.
- Have the purée sit in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
- Churn the purée in an ice cream maker per the instructions on the machine. Serve & enjoy!
Boozy Piña Colada Ice Cream
Summer and the tropics seem to go hand in hand, but maybe you want to stay at home. Have a tropical vacation right on your couch with this ice cream recipe!
- 1 cup of frozen pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup of light rum
- 2 pints of coconut-flavored ice cream
- Maraschino cherries (They’re optional but why not add them? They look like dapper pearls.)
- Purée the pineapple & rum in a blender until they’re smooth as can be.
- Let the ice cream sit at room temperature until it’s soft enough to scoop up with a spoon.
- Put 1 pint of the ice cream in a loaf pan and spread evenly with the spoon
- Put ½ of the pineapple mixture over the ice cream.
- Put a second pint of ice cream over it and spread it evenly with the spoon.
- Spread the remaining pineapple mixture over the top.
- Tightly wrap with plastic and freeze it for at least two hours.
- Serve with beautiful cherries on top.
Peanut Butter, Banana, and Jelly Ice Cream
Turn a classic sandwich into ice cream with a pinch of the summer tropics. Add the concoction to your next dinner party and it’ll be an instant hit.
- 6 large and ripened bananas
- 6 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup of grape jelly or jam
- Cut all the bananas into ½” slices.
- Organize them in a single layer on a large platter or baking sheet.
- Freeze the bananas until they’re firm, for maybe 1 ½ hours.
- Purée the banana slices in a food processor for about 3 minutes or until the bananas are creamy.
- Add the peanut butter and 3 tablespoons of water.
- Purée for about 2 more minutes or until the mixture is smooth.
- Drizzle the jelly over the banana mixture.
- Pulse a few more times to include the jelly.
Have any more unique ice cream recipes? Add them to our list so we could put them in our next article!