Why Should One Choose to Buy Gold Coins Over Jewellery
Gold in any Indian household is purchased not only to beautify oneself but also for financial security. It is also known to symbolize wealth and is thought to be propitious. All Indian weddings and festivals are incomplete without the purchase of gold. If you have been browsing for gold jewellery designs with price and weight because you want to invest that extra cash in your hand or if a festival is around the corner, then we suggest you choose gold coins rather than jewellery this time. To know more, let us give some top reasons.
1. Lower Denomination: Unlike gold jewellery, you can easily purchase gold coins of lower denomination even as low as 0.5 gms. This makes it easy for you to gravitate smaller amounts into an investment at any time. You can set aside a small amount of money each month from your monthly budget to invest in gold systematically, over waiting for an occasion to purchase jewellery. Most jewellers sell gold coins up to even 100 gms, however, the most preferred denomination of the gold coin remains 10gms by a lot of people.
2. Purity: Gold in its purest form is 24 karats which means it contains 24/24 parts of gold, however, it is too soft and fragile to be moulded into jewellery. When you buy gold jewellery, you often get it in 18KT and 22KT only which means 4 parts or 2 parts respectively of other metal like zinc or silver is added to make it durable for jewellery making. However, you can purchase a gold coin in 22KT or even 24KT with ease, which means with gold coins you have the opportunity to purchase purer gold. You can also avail of gold coin offers from leading jewellery stores online to get the best deals.
3. Lower Prices: This is another very important reason for you to choose a gold coin over gold jewellery for investment. Buying gold coins turns out to be cheaper than gold jewellery because gold coins attract lower making charges when compared to gold ornaments which require refined craftsmanship and based on how intricately the gold ornaments are made, the making charges may vary.
4. Higher Returns: For obvious reasons, gold coins fetch you higher returns when you want to liquidate them. The gold is purer, the making charges are minimal, giving it a higher resale value. When you want to sell a gold ornament, the making charges are deducted and if it is embellished with semi-precious stones, the weight of those stones is cut off from the total weight of the gold ornament and then the actual resale value is established, which means you get lower value than you would expect it to be.
5. Source of Purchase: Gold jewellery can be bought from a jeweller only either from a store or online, however, gold coins can be purchased from jewellers, banks, bullion traders and e-tailers too.
We hope we have given you enough reasons to choose gold coins as a smart investment plan from here on.