How to Get Started in Video Marketing to Help Your Business Grow
Videos are a central component of every current marketing and outreach plan. Research indicates that almost 60% of internet users tend to watch a video over reading any text. Further, more than 80% of all web traffic in 2019 was due to videos. It is clear then that the impact of video on consumers globally is high, and for a growing business, videos can play a significant role in engaging audiences.
Types of marketing videos
Advanced technology has made video production much simpler than before. You can share simple and genuine content at an affordable cost. Prior to making your videos, it is vital to know what type of video you should be making based on the kind of business that you run.
Demonstration videos showcase how one or more of your products function. In your video, you can hold up an item and talk about why a consumer should purchase it. A brand video is for building awareness about your organisation and sharing your mission, values and services. If you are hosting a conference or a workshop, consider making an event video to showcase event highlights.
You can also make educational videos to inform your audience about your business or product. You can have interview videos where you bring in an expert from your industry to talk to your audience. An animated video is a good choice if you want to explain tough concepts in a lucid manner. For high engagement levels, consider making a live video where you give a ‘behind-the-scenes’ view to your audience.
How to get started in video marketing to help your business grow
Making a video requires having a plan since there are many components involved. You need to ensure that you have a recording device that has good audio and image quality. Make sure you have the props that will feature in your video and a clear outline of what the video will showcase. Here are some other tips to guide you in your video marketing efforts:
- Focus on sharing your brand’s story: All videos share a story, and it is important to make this story compelling. More than selling your products, remember that this is an opportunity for you to emotionally connect with future consumers. Craft your video script around the narrative that you would like to share with others. Think about what you want your customers to do after watching the video and communicate that clearly.
- Engage consistently with your viewers: It is impossible to reach a million followers on social media overnight. You need to work consistently on building your brand since it takes time to build followers. If possible, prepare at least ten videos initially and share them gradually with your target audience. Make a video publishing schedule that does not have too much time gap between posting each video.
- Customise your video content: If you are interested in making multiple types of video, make sure that your content is customised for the audience who will be watching your content. For instance, a video featuring educational content for kids will be different from a sales video for adults. Since videos are a popular communication tool, make sure that your content is interactive and engaging for every audience type.
- Choose an appropriate video publishing platform: Once you have finished making your video, upload it to a platform that is guaranteed to receive maximum viewership. Live videos can be taken on Facebook and Instagram. For making them more accessible, YouTube would be an ideal choice. People watch more than five billion YouTube videos every day, and you can easily upload and optimise your videos for search.
- Be creative: Regardless of the kind of videos you are making, creativity can be a huge factor in driving viewership. Experiment with different shots, try using a variety of cameras, hire talented actors to feature in your videos. Once you have finished making your video, be sure to share it on multiple social channels.
Being a business owner, it is important for you to think about how you can minimise the impact of financial insecurities on your business. Consider getting business insurance to protect yourself from such risks.
5 Ways to Use Video Marketing to Grow Your Business, Viewership, viewed 16 March 2021, <https://viewership.com/5-ways-to-use-video-marketing-to-grow-your-business/>
Mattroyse 11 August 2020, This is how video marketing can grow your business, Knowledge Enthusiast, viewed 16 March 2021, <https://knowledgeenthusiast.com/2020/08/11/this-is-how-video-marketing-can-grow-your-business/>
Collins, Alicia and Conley, Megan, The Ultimate Guide to Video Marketing, Blog.hubspot.com, viewed 16 March 2021, <https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/video-marketing>