FOLLOW THIS GUIDE IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO BUY CANTILEVER UMBRELLAS THIS SUMMER
You must have heard a lot about cantilever umbrellas in Australia offering you seamless views, smooth adjustable features, and uninterrupted space so that your guests and visitors can comfortably move about under the canopy. Moreover, large cantilever umbrellas also provide you with maximum shade from the harmful rays of the sun, making them one of the most versatile products.
Cantilever umbrellas in Australia also come in various unique sleek designs with innovative functions and could be a nice aesthetic addition to your outdoor space. That’s the reason why you can easily install outdoor café umbrellas to jazz up your commercial enterprise.
To learn more about the functionality of cantilever umbrellas, read on…
What is a cantilever umbrella?
Before we tell you the various features of a cantilever umbrella, it is important to understand what exactly is a cantilever umbrella. Unlike a traditional patio umbrella, the umbrella is supported from the side rather than the centre. The canopy is attached to a swivel arm and is suspended in the air. While most of cantilever-style patio umbrellas come with offset posts and bases, they are also available in wall-mounted options. As the name suggests, wall-mounted cantilever umbrellas can be attached to walls using wall-mounting brackets.
The umbrellas are designed in such a way that they offer a lot of free space below and promise maximum shade at all times by changing the shade angle and tracking the sun’s movements.
Now that you understand what a cantilever umbrella is, let’s take a look at its salient features:
Shapes and sizes
As already mentioned, cantilever umbrellas in Australia are extremely versatile and flexible and designed to cater to many applications. They aren’t a one-size-fits-all shade solution and, therefore, come in different shapes and sizes.
But the most common ones are square and octagon umbrellas. The square umbrellas are typically available in 3.5m and 4m while the octagonal ones come in 4m.
Tilt and rotate mechanism
The best part of cantilever umbrellas is their shade coverage. Be it outdoor café umbrellas or your cantilever patio umbrellas, you can get them to rotate 360 degrees to follow the sun’s positioning throughout the day. The tilt mechanism allows you to move the umbrella forward and backward, left and right for maximum comfort.
It is crucial to get the material for both fabric and frame right. The most popular fabric used for cantilever umbrellas are:
- Acrylic: One of the best umbrella fabrics, it is resistant to weather elements. It not only provides you more than 95% protection from the UV rays but is also waterproof. It is a durable fabric and comes in solid colours.
- Polyester: Polyester has similar characteristics to acrylic. Soft to the touch, the fabric is adaptable and resilient.
- Olefin: Olefin provides a high degree of UV protection. It is also an eco-friendly outdoor fabric that is resilient. It is long-lasting and available in various different striped and checked patterns.
- PVC Vinyl: It is a tough fabric made to resist extreme Australian weather conditions. This material repels the heat and UV rays and is good for long-term use.
- Spanish recasens: It is a high-quality Spanish acrylic. The fabric is durable and available in beautiful colours.
- Italian Para Tempotest: Tempotest is a top-quality acrylic fabric and is known for its high performance and durability.
For frames, check out the following options:
- Aluminium: Aluminium is lightweight and durable and lends a sleek modern vibe to open spaces. The frames are corrosion-resistant and inherently strong. Aluminium doesn’t break easily in high winds, making the umbrellas long-lasting.
- Fiberglass: Large cantilever umbrellas with fiberglass frames are wind-resistant and one of the most durable products. It is lightweight and strong and corrosion-resistant.
- Steel: Stainless steel is naturally corrosion-resistant. It is a strong material that is also resilient to rust.
With no pole at the centre, you can place your outdoor furniture like chairs and tables in any manner that you like. A large cantilever umbrella offers you unhindered space to operate.
The umbrella also provides the flexibility of movement. While most cantilever umbrellas are permanently fixed into one position, you can also choose ones with freestanding bases.
Cantilever umbrellas are stunningly elegant and attractive, thereby making them a perfect combination of form and function.
The best thing about cantilever umbrellas in Australia is that it allows you to raise or lower their height from the ground with very little difficulty. You can also change the direction of the umbrella according to the sun’s position so that you get the maximum shade throughout the day. Incredibly versatile and stylish, a large cantilever umbrella is an excellent choice if you are planning to buy a new outdoor umbrella.