2021 – 2022 business trends to leverage more customers
With the 2020 pandemic smashing the global business and technology market – the print on demand (POD) industry has shown promising 2022 trends for the same. From design to printing techniques and product range – adapts to changes.
Some of the mainstream products of customized items are – t-shirts, backpacks, hoodies, coffee mugs, fitness wear, phone covers, neckties, hats, socks, toiletry bags & pouches, luggage tags, and coin purses. You can always be innovative and add more to this with the help of a creative team.
Top business trends to look for in 2021-2022
- Diversification leads to amplification: With the fast-changing business trends, diversification of products is imperative. It was a huge blow to the fashion industry as outdoor wear was in no demand.
However, 2021 was a lockdown period for most countries, and people preferred comfort clothing. People were searching for funky, custom designs for basic – t-shirts and track pants. It was an excellent opportunity for any printing business.
There was a sudden demand for stationery for ‘work from home, which included office journals, notebooks, scribble pads, mousepads, and even a comfortable back pillow for office chairs. Personalized yoga mats and t-shirts are popular for people who enjoy exercising at home. And customized, funky caption coffee mugs are trending with a home office.
- Adapt to the new – facemasks are the latest trend that is a part of any outfit. People want to wear stylish masks and create a style statement. The masks are not just any piece of cloth with strings attached – there is a lot more than you can customize and offer. You can have mock-up designs for personalized facemasks.
Even the straps and adjusters are custom made. You must identify the likes and preferences of customers to adapt to the new trend. Some prefer pure cotton fabric and have trendy sequencing on top – listen to the feedback and stick to the latest fashion.
- Exploit social media: Make the optimum utilization of social networking. You must update the pictures of the latest products on Instagram and create a storyboard and let people talk about it. Listen to the customers and get feedback instantly. You can create customer involving posts – this would help you in getting potential customers and real-time feedback.
- Door Shipping: The whole idea of bespoke products and merchandise is getting the items in personalized designs delivered at the door. Work on faster and credible delivery options to reach maximum orders. You do not want to lose clients because of inadequate supply chain solutions.
- Reform marketing tactics: Innumerable new opportunities are heading towards personalized printing business. Keep a tab of the latest marketing strategies to switch to dynamic situations. Be ready to change new customers, new features, new demands, new techniques, new marketplace, and new social media reforms.
- Abreast with the trends: Keep a check on the global trends, which are very dynamic, especially after the pandemic. Marketing policy changes, political movements, ecological awareness changes, and much more affect the POD business. It would support your marketing strategies to stay afloat and handle the competitive market.
- Audio E-Commerce on the rise: Voice-based commerce is gaining popularity and would soon reach $40 billion by 2022. There are a lot of virtual assistants who offer voice sales. You can tag with the Voice assistants and leverage the market for customized products.
- Omnichannel market: A new way of business is optimizing all the channels of business. Use all the different shopping channels to leverage the potential customers. Bring smart tools into business to track the sales and keep transparent records. Introduce various CTA (call to action) options to offer the customers and faster connectivity.
- Payment option: Most online payment options are through the digital medium, and with the technological revolution after the pandemic, new payment options are available. Give more options like PayPal, Google Pay, and Stripe to all the online customers. It will provide more comfort to customers from different places. The last thing you want is to lose a customer because of poor payment options.
- Visual approach: In the world of speed and high-tech marketing, it is vital to create visually appealing websites, post on social media, and connect with the customer through pictures. Avoid taking dummy or generic pictures from free online stock; instead, click high-definition images of real products and post them online. Even the ads on social media must be aesthetically top-notch.
- Cool designs: The whole idea of customized products is the exclusive design and high-quality material that is drop shipped at a reasonable price. You do not want to deliver boring and common patterns. Be cool! Hire a great professional team that creates magical designs with the broadest range of shades.
Explore the better opportunities resulting from the pandemic – turn the negative into positive by looking into the latest trends.