How to Save on Tree Removal Cost Melbourne & Who Removes Trees Free?
Tree removal Melbourne is a tricky process. The tree must be cut into pieces, then removed from the premises. This can be very costly and time-consuming for tree removal companies in Melbourne VIC. But there are some ways to save on tree removal costs, so you don’t have to pay as much money!
Who removes trees for free?
– Most tree removal companies will not remove trees for free. It is a misconception that a tree removal service in Melbourne will remove your tree for firewood. It’s just not worth their while.
– They charge by the tree, so any tree in your yard needs to be paid for upfront.
– If you have a tree emergency and need help fast, sometimes arborists or tree men can do an emergency service but it will cost about double.
How to save money on tree removal costs?
Ben from www.gotreequotes.com has shared some of their top tips on how to save money on tree removal in Melbourne.
Tip 1: Remove a tree in winter.
Tree services are very seasonal with most tree removal companies in Melbourne being busy during warmer months and pretty slow during winter.
With less workaround and the sea supply of companies willing to do the work, this puts you on the right side of the supply and demand equation. You can save 20% or more just by hiring in winter.
Tip 2: Grant good access to trees in backyards.
Tree removal companies in Melbourne are charged by the tree, not the job. If you can give them good access to trees it might be cheaper for tree cutting services to do the work. So if there are no major obstacles like fences, look at removing a panel to give them clear access to their equipment.
Tip 3: Sell firewood on eBay.
A tree can be cut into lots of different sizes and split for firewood. If you have a tree that is just wood, then this might actually save you some money. You can sell the tree as firewood on eBay or Gumtree to make back some cash.
Even if you just put it up for free, you will have someone come around and remove it free, rather than paying a tree removal service. You will still need a tree service in Melbourne to cut the tree down and remove the branches, but the trunk can remain and be taken away for free.
Tip 4: Dispose of green waste yourself in Green bin
Again tree services in Melbourne will charge for disposal of cut tree limbs or tree trunks, so you can save some money by disposing of it yourself through Green/recycling bins.
Tip: Consider hiring a tree removal service with equipment to remove the tree trunk after they have removed branches.
If your tree is a tree with a big trunk it may be cheaper to hire tree services that have bucket trucks and other equipment. Hiring tree cutting companies in Melbourne is by the tree, not a job so if the work takes more time then they charge for all of their own labor, but less than another company’s who just cut branches down from lower trees. You can save
Tip 5: Will insurance pay for tree removal?
In most cases no, it will not cover tree removals unless the tree has blown over and fallen into your home or damaged something. There are tree removal companies in Melbourne who are specialized in insurance claims for tree removals, but it doesn’t cover the cost of tree removal.
Tree Removal Melbourne – what to expect from a professional service?
Tree removal services in Melbourne have the right equipment to remove tree branches from your property. They can cut off tree limbs with a chainsaw without damaging surrounding trees or structures, so you don’t need to worry about safety when working on large trees. The commercial tree service will also dispose of tree debris and leave your yard neat and tidy afterward!
Tips for hiring a tree removal company.
– Tree removal companies in Melbourne need to have public liability insurance. Make sure they present the relevant paperwork when quoting. This is to protect both their workers and you as a client if there was ever an accident or injury on your property during tree-cutting services.
– tree removal companies in Melbourne should be qualified arborists and experienced. They should have the relevant paperwork i.e. a minimum of Certificate III in Arboriculture and like their insurance, should be able to present it upon request.
– Get a list of previous customers who can vouch for your tree service company’s quality of work. If they don’t give you any references ask why not? It might mean their standards.
– tree services with a no-obligation quote for tree work, including stump grinding and mulch installation.
– tree services in Melbourne should have the right tools for tree removal. They must be able to provide high-quality equipment such as cherry pickers and chainsaws,
What should you do before hiring a contractor?
When hiring tree removal companies in Melbourne it is important to be able to tell the difference between a good and bad tree service. This means you should always check that they have qualified arborists on staff as mentioned above, but also make sure they have been in business for at least 5 years and have a mix of good reviews online.
This is a free tool where you can check to see when the company was registered, if they have had a name change in the past (Tip: research that old name and look for poor reviews).
It also tells you if they are actually registered for GST and how long they have been in business.
When looking at online reviews, you need to check at least 2 x platforms, so GOogle reviews and Truelocal for example.
Be aware that a lot of reviews on Facebook are from the contractor’s friends and should be taken with a grain of salt.
What should you do after the job is done?
If you have gardens you should ask if the company can leave the mulch so you can spread it in your gardens later. Leaflitter mulch costs $15 – $30 per cubic meter from a local landscape supplier, but you can get it free of charge from tree services.