Looking for healthy recipes? Whip up a delicious, unique spinach salad now!
The benefits of healthy eating are endless. Fresh fruits & veggies keep your heart & stomach healthy, lower your chance of getting cancer, help you lose weight, enhance your memory, and maintain strong bones & teeth. They can also assist you in getting a goodnight’s sleep, and they just help you feel better physically & mentally.
If you want to eat a healthy meal, why not give Popeye the Sailor-Man’s favorite veggie a try? Loaded with important vitamins & minerals, spinach makes a great choice for your next meal. We’ve found some magnificent spinach salad recipes you and the whole family will love!
Apple Spinach Salad
There’s definitely such a thing as a boring salad. Fortunately, this spinach dish brings flavor & fun as it’s composed with a delicious mixture of sweet & savory ingredients. It’s bathed in a tangy champagne vinaigrette and will always be a crowd pleaser.
- 10 oz of baby spinach
- 2 large apples, cored and thinly-sliced
- 1 ½ small red onion that’s peeled and thinly-sliced
- 1 cup of toasted walnut halves (or pecans)
- ⅔ cup of dried cranberries
- 5 oz of crumbled goat, feta or blue cheese
- 1 batch of apple cider vinaigrette
- ⅓ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup of champagne vinegar (or more apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 peeled, minced garlic clove
- A great pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
- To make the champagne vinaigrette, combine all the olive oil, champagne vinegar or apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and black pepper, and honey or maple syrup in a large bowl.
- Whisk them together. You could also put them in a mason jar, tighten the lid on the jar, and then shake.
- To make the salad, take a large bowl, and put the spinach, apples, red onion, walnuts, dried cranberries and ½ of the cheese inside.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette all over.
- Toss the salad to mix all the ingredients together.
- Add the cheese on top.
Four Berry Spinach Salad
Sometimes, fruits and vegetables are like peanut butter and jelly, they just go together like an article of clothing. The dish itself is not only heavily delicious but looks like a work of art. It’s been called, “nature’s candy almonds in the berry-filled salad . . . tart dressing contrasts deliciously with sweet in-season fruit.”
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 1 tablespoon of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sugars
- ½ teaspoon of poppy seeds
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground all-spice
- A dash of ground cinnamon
- 4 cups of fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup of fresh raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and sliced strawberries
- 2 teaspoons of toasted, chopped up walnuts
- Take a small bowl, and put the first ten ingredients inside. Whisk them together until they’re blended.
- Add the spinach & berries.
- Drizzle with the dressing.
- Lightly douse with the walnuts.
- Toss the salad, and it’s ready to eat!
Balsamic-Salmon Spinach Salad
Salmon is home to great proteins, helping your body heal faster after injury and protecting your bones & muscles. It’s also full of vitamin Bs which decrease your chance of developing heart disease, making salmon a wise addition to any feast.
The balsamic-salmon spinach salad is not only great for you, but it’ll be done & ready to eat within a blink of an eye!
- 1 6 oz salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons of divided balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 cups of fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup of cubed avocado
- 1 tablespoon of chopped up and toasted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sunflower kernels
- 1 tablespoon of dried cranberries
- Sprinkle the salmon with 1 tablespoon of vinaigrette.
- Take a broiler pan and coat it in cooking spray.
- Put the salmon in the broiling pan and broil 3-4 inches from the heat for ten to fifteen minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Cut the salmon into two pieces.
- Take a large bowl, and toss the spinach with the rest of the vinaigrette inside.
- Divide the salad between two plates.
- Decorate the salmon with the avocado, walnuts, sunflower kernels, and cranberries.
We know you have some more great spinach salad recipes, so drop them off below!