Piles treatment in Bangalore
What are Piles?
Piles, also known as hemorrhoids. are swollen veins present in the anus and lower rectum regions. They are just like varicose veins. This condition might develop inside the rectum. Such piles are known as internal hemorrhoids. In addition, piles may develop underneath the skin around the anus known as external hemorrhoids.
What are the causes of piles?
Although doctors do not completely understand why hemorrhoids appear, they might happen for the following reasons:
- Diet: Intake of a less fiber diet may result in piles.
- Aging: Piles commonly happen among adults above 50 years of age. Yet, young people and kids might also get them.
- Diarrhea: Piles might occur after cases of chronic diarrhea.
- Genetics: A few individuals inherit an inclination to develop piles.
- Heavy lifting: Recurrently lifting heavy stuff may cause piles.
- Chronic constipation: Straining to pass stool adds pressure on the blood vessel walls. And, this may result in piles.
- Sitting for extended periods: Spending a long time in a sitting state may result in piles. This is about sitting on the toilet for a long time.
- Anal intercourse: This may result in new hemorrhoids or deteriorate existing ones.
- Weight: Studies have linked obesity and a greater occurrence of piles. This may arise from high pressure within the abdominal areas.
What are the signs of Piles?
Some symptoms of piles may include:
- pain, uneasiness, or tenderness around the anus
- inflammation and lumps in the anal area
- irritation or itching in the anal region
- dilation or swelling of a vein. This may or may not be painful. This is based on the region it occurs.
Signs might be uncomfortable or disturbing. Yet, they constantly improve on their own after some days.
What are the risk factors of piles?
With age, the risk of piles also enhances. The tissues supporting the rectal and anal veins may weaken and extend. Also, this may occur during pregnancy. As the baby’s weight adds pressure on the anal area.
What are the complications of piles?
Piles complications are rare and can be:
- Anemia. Not often, chronic blood loss from piles might result in anemia. In this, there are not enough healthy RBCs to carry oxygen to the body cells.
- Blood clot. A clot may form in hemorrhoid, a condition called a thrombosed pile. Even if not hazardous, it might be intensely painful. At times, it requires lancing and draining as well.
- Strangulated hemorrhoid. A pile may become strangulated if the blood supply to an internal hemorrhoid is detached. And, this may cause too much pain.
How to prevent piles?
An ideal way of preventing piles is keeping the stool soft. The stool must pass easily. Some points are important to prevent piles and decrease its signs. And, these are:
- Add in fiber supplements. OTC fiber supplements including psyllium (Metamucil) or methylcellulose (Citrucel) are useful. These supplements help to improve the overall signs and bleeding from piles.
- Consumption of high-fiber foods. A high fiber diet helps in softening the stool and increases its bulk. Thus, it aids the person to avoid the straining that may result in hemorrhoids. It is advisable to include fiber slowly in the diet. This helps to avoid gas issues.
- Exercise. Physical activity prevents constipation and decreases pressure on veins. Also, regular exercises aid a person in weight loss. And, this may also add to preventing piles.
- Have enough fluids. Drink 6-8 glasses of water or other fluids daily to keep stools soft.
Application of piles creams or ointments or using suppositories also eases mild pain, inflammation, and itching of external piles. Healthcare providers often suggest the usage of OTC products for 1 week.
What are the treatment options of piles?
Piles treatment in a hospital or outpatient center setting may involve:
- Hemorrhoid stapling. A healthcare provider, mostly a surgeon, may use a special stapling tool. This tool removes the internal pile and pulls a collapsing internal pile back into the anus. A doctor gives patients anesthesia for this treatment.
- Hemorrhoidectomy. A healthcare provider, mostly a surgeon, might carry out a hemorrhoidectomy. This procedure removes huge external piles and collapsing internal piles that fail to react to other treatments. A doctor gives patients anesthesia for this treatment.
What is the cost for Piles Treatment in Bangalore?
The cost of piles treatment in Bangalore might differ from one individual to another because of the following factors:
- Age of the patient
- Admission fee
- Doctor fee
- Type of hospital
- The medical condition of the patient
- The severity of the piles
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- Type of surgery planned to be performed