Making CBD Oil at Home
Do you know it is very much possible to make CBD oil at the comfort of your home? It might sound difficult and challenging, but it is not!
Importance of CBD Oil
Before you make your own CBD oil, it is very important to understand its importance and benefits. Some of its uses are listed below: –
- CBD oil can be very helpful with various health issues, like – pain, acne, anxiety, depression, etc.
- CBD oil is also known for improving the body’s immune system as it works with the endocannabinoid system having receptors across the body.
- CBD oil also helps in reducing inflammation, which might turn out to be helpful for people having chronic medical conditions, like arthritis.
- Most importantly, CBD oil will not make you feel high or cause any sort of addiction!
Why Should You Make Your Own CBD Oil?
There are many reasons as to why you should make your own CBD oil. Some of them are as follows: –
- It is cost-effective
- You can customize your own flavors
- You can control the potency
How to Make CBD Oil?
If you have a CBD isolate base, then making your own CBD oil will be very easy. In this article, you can learn how to make CBD oil at your own home.
Before jumping right into the procedure of making the CBD oil, it is very important for you to understand what exactly a CBD isolate base is. It is very important to choose a good quality CBD isolate base, as it will determine the quality of the product as well! CBD isolate is a product which is extremely purified, and it contains CBD that has been extracted from the hemp plant. The purity of the isolate must be 99% (100% purity is not exactly possible). The packaging must have a certificate of analysis somewhere on it. Sometimes the COA might not be on the packaging and the manufacturer can tell you to go to their website to collect the COA. It is okay and acceptable if it is issued by a third-party laboratory. CO2 extraction process is the best for extracting CBD. Organic farms across the United States is well known for growing hemp. Isolate is sold typically in the form of a snow-white powder having no distinct taste or odor.
Making Your Own CBD Oil with Carrier Oil (Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, etc.)
To make your own homemade CBD oil, at first you need to choose a carrier oil for dissolving the isolate powder into it. MCT oil is used by a lot of commercial products. The full form of MCT is Medium Chain Triglycerides. These are naturally found in various food items, like – cheese, yogurt, and milk. Apart from coconut oil, you can also use castor oil, avocado oil, olive oil, or grapeseed oil. In case you want to make a CBD lotion, then you should go for coconut oil. Our skin has several endocannabinoid receptors; therefore CBD oil works well.
Sweetening and Flavoring the Homemade CBD Products
Flavoring the CBD oil is not something compulsory, but you can certainly do it if you want to! Sugar-free sweeteners and oil-based flavorings are available at various online lip balm supply websites. Any type of flavorings that are used in lip balms, should be edible and oil based. So, they go well with the CBD oil too. There are hundreds of flavors available on the sites, like – coconut, mango, raspberry, mint, chocolate, licorice, bubblegum, cinnamon, grape, etc. Make sure to never use honey for sweetening the CBD oil as it isn’t oil soluble. It seems to get dissolved at first, but after some time it comes out!
You can also buy those 1-ounce small amber bottles online that come with dropper tops. You can even get them from your neighborhood pharmaceutical store.
Items Needed for Mixing the CBD Tinctures
- A small piece of clean notecard or paper
- CBD isolate
- Glass cup with dropper bottles and pouring lip
- Double boiler
- Sweeteners and Flavorings if needed
- Carrier oil
- Measuring spoons or a milligram scale
How to Increase the Strength of the CBD Oil
You need to decide what potency you want for your CBD oil. In case you are using one-ounce bottles, then that means it is same as 30 cc or ml. if 600 mg of CBD isolate is dissolved in 30 ml of oil, then it produces 20 mg of CBD / ml. So, if you multiply 20 by 30, then you get 600, which is a decent potency! There will be ml markings or cc markings on the side of the eyedropper cap of the dropper bottle. So, you already know that 20 mg of CBD is present inside 1 ml of the solution. So, if you want to consume 10 mg of CBD, draw half ml solution, and ingest it and so on! Using a milligram scale is ideal for measuring out the CBD isolate. If you want, you can also use a measuring spoon (although the accuracy will be slightly less).
Finishing the Homemade CBD Product
- After deciding the potency, measure it. The note card or the paper needs to be folded so that a groove gets created. The isolate then needs to be placed on that groove. The CBD isolate needs to be tapped into the bottle using the note card or the folded paper.
- Take out one ounce of the oil and put it into the double boiler. Make sure it is slightly warm and not hot.
- Keep a close eye on the oil, and when it is warm enough, collect it in the bottle and put the cap. Keep swirling the bottle gently until the CBD isolate is completely dissolved in it!
- After that you can open the cap and add some sweeteners and flavorings if you want to. In case you are adding, then try to add around 5 drops of sweetener and 10 – 20 drops of flavoring. Gently twirl the bottle so that the flavoring and sweetener swirls into the oil!
- After all of this is done, all you need to do is decide how much you want to take, measure it out, and place it in your mouth!