Workout with Yanet Garcia
If you are a dedicated fitness enthusiast, it’s extremely likely that you are familiar with the name Yanet Garcia. The ‘most famous weather girl in the world’ is frequently in the news for her workout videos which show exactly how she has developed such an enviable body.
In this article, we will talk about Yanet Garcia’s diet and workout plans. Hopefully, it will help you develop toned legs and glutes, too, one day.
Who Is Yanet Garcia?
Yanet Garcia is a Mexican Weathercaster who has mostly been on the news for reasons other than the weather. She is an actor, a model, a social media icon, and also a training instructor for aspiring models in Mexico.
Yanet Garcia is a big-time proponent of intense workouts, and she regularly uploads her fitness videos on YouTube and Instagram, which has over fourteen million followers.
Yanet Garcia Workout Routine
Yanet Garcia’s biggest fitness assets are her legs and glutes, so she devotes most of her workout sessions to keeping them in shape. She works on these muscles about two to three times a week, and she also does some light cardio and low-intensity upper body exercises.
Yanet Garcia’s workout plan on glutes has six different exercises. All but one of the exercises are done in sets of three.
- First, she does the donkey kickback 15-20 times for three sets to stabilize the glutes.
- Then there’s the kneeling side leg raise exercise which is done again for three sets of 15-20 reps.
- The third exercise, the hip abduction, uses a resistance band and is done for three sets of 10-15 reps. This exercise activates muscles and strengthens the gluteus medias.
- Then comes the glute bridge, which also uses a resistance band and the same routine of 10-15 reps for three sets. This gives a focussed and intense workout to the glute region.
- The fifth exercise is a bit difficult, and you should not try this if you are a beginner. Yanet Garcia does the alternating reverse lunge with squats for three sets of 10 reps.
- She closes out with an intense lying leg raise which is done for four sets of 15-20 reps.
The Hamstring workout also consists of six exercises of similar routines. Janet uses a lot of equipment for her workouts, like dumbbells, rollers, and smith machines.
- Yanet Garcia starts training those coveted hamstrings with a regular dumbbell stiff leg deadlift. The exercise is done for three sets of 10-15 reps and increases the mobility and flexibility of the hamstring.
- Next, she does the lying leg curl for three sets of 10-15 reps.
- She uses the Smith machine for deadlifts, three sets of 10 reps. The Smith machine is a helpful piece of equipment to have because you do not need to worry about the weight as the machine stabilizes it for you.
- Then she does three sets of 10-15 reps of Good mornings, which strengthens the erector spinae.
- The Stability Ball Hamstring Curl is a great exercise for overall strength and conditioning. Yet does this for three sets of 15-20 reps.
- She ends with the ab wheel roller, which is used for four sets of 10-15 reps. This rounds off the session and is a great way of reducing unwanted fat.
Yanet Garcia Workout Equipment
As the workout plan shows, Yanet prefers to use a lot of diverse equipment in her workout sessions. She favours treadmills (high quality decked out treadmills) since most of the quality models nowadays come with high tech features like, a wide screen and Bluetooth and can connect to the internet and play music.
She also uses other various cardio machines to do light cardio sessions which builds her stamina and prepares her body for intense workout sessions.
Yanet Garcia Diet Plans
Contrary to popular wisdom, Yanet Garcia does not recommend following any restrictive diet routine. Her diet plan is all about responding to your body’s needs and allowing it to have what it wants while avoiding binge eating.
With respect to food items, she has fruits, green vegetables, and meat, but she even allows herself to have junk food during weekends.
Yanet is not obsessed with counting calories and just concentrates on eating what she wants while maintaining certain limits.
This is the diet patterns she usually follows:
- Her first meal of the day is a dose of oatmeal garnished with fresh fruits and honey.
- After her workout sessions, she has her second medal of the day; protein shakes to keep up her energy levels.
- The third meal is a grand fiesta with grilled chicken, brown rice, which is highly rich in carbohydrates, and vegetables like legumes.
- The fourth meal is a wheat toast with avocado and fresh tomatoes.
- For her penultimate meal, she focuses on filling up her vegetable quota through a gigantic salad preparation.
- She concludes with tea and chocolates.
There’s a reason Yanet Garcia is able to follow such a diet plan- her metabolism rate is extremely fast, which ensures that she burns calories super quick.
She needs to eat a lot because of the rigorous workout sessions she does; otherwise, she might lose weight and not have the energy for strength training.
Such a diet plan will not work for everyone, as you might end up gaining a lot of unwanted calories and fat.
Food is usually regarded as the villain in fitness circles, and nearly every common diet plan involves restricting yourself from eating what you love.
That is why Yanet Garcia’s diet plan is revolutionary; it gives you free rein to enjoy what you love, but not in an excessive amount.
Since Yanet does not monitor calorie consumption and eats what she feels like, there is no sudden urge to binge eat, and the process is healthy, organic, and sustainable.
This then is the plan that works for the great Yanet Garcia. There is absolutely no guarantee that this diet and workout plan will work for you, but there are aspects and approaches inherent here that you can definitely emulate for sustainable success.