TOP TOURIST ATTRACTIONS IN SWITZERLAND
Switzerland is considered to be the ‘Paradise on Earth’. Its snow-covered sky-touching mountains, lush green gardens, exquisite flora & fauna, mouth-watering delicacies & adventurous activities make it the ultimate tourist destination. This article will take you through some of the most exciting and famous tourist spots in Switzerland.
The Swiss Alps are one of the most picturesque mountain ranges in the world & Glacier 3000 offers the perfect view. It has a range of exciting and fun activities for all the tourists. On clear days, tourists can spot around 24 mountain peaks from Glacier 3000. These include famous peaks like Mont Blanc, Dufourspitze (the highest mountain in Switzerland) located at a height of 4634 m.
Glacier 3000 and Gstaad, a major tourist spot, are in close proximity. The name ‘Glacier 3000’ signifies that it is a glacier & the mountain peaks soar as high as 3000 m. Here are some fun and adventurous activities that you can do while at Glacier 3000.
- Ski and Snowboard: Glacier 3000 derives its skiing and snowboarding region from the Gstaad mountain ski. Though it’s quite small with only 30 km of slope, it offers a magnificent view making it a must-do activity. These activities are available in this region from November to May every year.
2. Peak Walk by Tissot: This is the standout activity at Glacier 3000. Built-in the year 2014, the peak walk is the only suspension bridge in the world that connects two mountain peaks. It is advisable not to visit the place after heavy snowfall though.
3. Glacier Walk: Glacier 3000 even offers you the unique experience of walking on the glacial ice. It is a one-hour walk and is open throughout the year. The path takes you to an authentic Swiss restaurant Refuge de’ for some delicious food.
4. Alpine Coaster: The Alpine Coaster is open from May to September and offers a different experience altogether. It has elements of adventure, risk, and even fear. Consisting of 3 jumps, 6 waves & 10 steep turns, the ride can run at a speed of 40 km/h.
5. Sled Dogs: Hoping on sled dogs on snow-covered ice with a splendid view of the alps is a beautiful romantic experience. Open from November to April, this activity is highly liked and preferred by all the tourists.
6. Snow Bus: This innovation is for people who want to explore and view the glaciers comfortably. It carries 20 people at a time and takes you through the entire region.
Harder Kulm Interlaken is a viewpoint providing an extraordinary view of the Interlaken town, Lake Thun, Lake Brienz & other famous spots. Situated at a height of 1322 m, Harder Kulm was first opened in 1908. The spot can easily be reached by a cable car. Harder Kulm offers a variety of fun activities.
Hiking is a major attraction of Harder Kulm. Some famous hikes here include Interlaken, Elfenweg, etc. Another amazing spot here is the Two Lakes Bridge which gives a panoramic view. On the right is Lake Thun, and on the right is Lake Brienz with Interlaken running in the middle.
The Alpine Wildlife Park is located near the Interlaken valley station. The Park has played a vital role in protecting Ibexes & is also home to several other animals like Marmots, etc. Apart from this, Harder Kulm has a children’s playground as well consisting of some fun rides and activities for the kids.
Harder Kulm also organizes a Swiss Folklore Show from May to October that displays authentic and traditional Swiss art & culture. Certainly, all these places are worth exploring, for they bring to you the unique beauty and serenity of Switzerland.