Exploring Egypt – the Best Time to Go!
Are you interested in visiting Egypt, but haven’t decided when the best time would be? Exploring Egypt is an experience like no other; taking a journey back in time with its ancient monuments, soaring deserts, and vibrant culture. But before you book your tickets and take off on an exotic adventure, it’s important to understand how seasonal weather changes can affect your plans. From high temperatures during the summer months to enchanting evenings during wintertime; deciding when some of the world’s oldest history can unfold at its finest will make all the difference. In this blog post, we’ll discuss what makes each season unique so that you choose the best time for Egypt tour!
Time to visit Egypt
Egypt is a great destination to explore year-round because it has something to offer in every season. During summer (from June to August) temperatures can reach up to 40 degrees Celsius during the day but cool down significantly at night. If you don’t mind the heat, then summertime is an excellent option for those who want to explore some of the more remote parts of Egypt that are off the beaten path.
Fall (from September to November) brings cooler temperatures and can be an ideal time for sightseeing in Cairo and Luxor. This is also one of the busiest times of the year as tourists flock from around the world to take advantage of cool weather and fewer crowds than during peak season. Winter (from December to February) has mild temperatures with occasional rainfall making it perfect for exploring sites such as Giza’s Pyramids or cruising down the Nile River. The downside is that during winter many attractions close early due to shorter days so be sure to check opening hours before visiting any sites.
Spring (from March until May) offers pleasant weather and warm temperatures which are optimal for outdoor activities like biking or hiking along the Nile Valley or desert safaris in Luxor. This is usually a busy time of year as many Europeans escape their cold climates for warmer weather in Egypt – so you may have some competition fighting for that perfect spot on your tour bus!
Best places to visit in Egypt:
Egypt is home to some of the world’s most impressive monuments and historical sites. When you visit, make sure not to miss out on seeing a few of these iconic attractions in your Egypt tour:
- Pyramids of Giza – located on the outskirts of Cairo, they are one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World and date back to 2550 BC.
- The Great Sphinx – a limestone statue located in Giza, it is believed to be almost 5,000 years old and one of the oldest monuments in Egypt.
- Valley of the Kings – situated on the Nile’s west bank near Luxor, this area contains some of the most impressive tombs of Egypt’s pharaohs.
- Abu Simbel – this complex of two massive rock-cut temples was built in honor of Pharaoh Ramses II and his queen Nefertari and dates back to 1264 BC.
- Luxor Temple – one of the most beautiful temples from ancient Egypt, it’s located on the eastern bank of the Nile and is dedicated to the Theban Triad.
- Karnak Temple – this vast complex was built over a period of 1,500 years and is home to some of the world’s largest religious structures such as the Great Hypostyle Hall.
No matter what time of year you decide to visit Egypt, there will be plenty of sights and sounds waiting for you! Whether you’re looking to beat the heat in summer or enjoy milder temperatures in winter, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant country. So why not start planning your Egyptian adventure today? You won’t regret it!