9 Best Hollywood Movies Based On Trading And Stock Market
The stock market has always been most intriguing for many people who want to understand how everything works, and Hollywood has unmistakably come up with timeless masterpieces based on real-life events of stock market gurus (from time to time), showing the cathartic release through their rise, the adventure, and fall or the beginning of a flourishing future.
The energetic spirit of the stock market has been able to provide respite to many. It has also snatched away even the last shred of happiness of many. But still, people have remained bewitched by the way things work in this world of financial ups and downs, transactions, risks, and more.
Are you interested in the cinematic representation of how things work in the top crypto exchange and stock exchange? Let’s look at the nine Hollywood movies that show the stock market in detail.
- Equity: This 2016 movie talks about a female banker who wants to hit a home run on Wall Street, a male-dominated area where no one takes her seriously. Also, she is being closely watched by a prosecutor who believes she is a corrupt individual. Now, she must prove her value by exposing the deep-seated corruption in the system. This shows a female’s perspective in the highly competitive world of the stock market.
- Banking on Bitcoin: This incredible documentary shows the advent of Bitcoin that is today predominantly dependent on Blockchain technology. It talks at length about how Bitcoin came into being, changed trading, and will have a massive impact in the future hi-tech world.
- The Big Short: This Oscar-winning feature film starring Christian Bale, Steve Carell, Brad Pitt, and Ryan Gosling is a must-watch. The financial crisis of 2008 triggered by the housing bubble has been brilliantly portrayed in this movie. So, if you plan for a Friday night movie watching session laced with light-hearted comedy and realism, this one is the best for you.
4. Rogue Trader: This story of Nick Leeson tells us about how to go about risk management. This movie reflects how a trader’s psychology works. The audiences see Nick’s desperate attempts to cover his reckless decisions and financial oversight. The rise and drastic fall of Nick will leave the audience in awe.
5. Too Big to Fail: This Curtis Hanson movie shows the massive impact of financial institutions on the economic system. If the financial institutions somehow falter, the entire system will collapse. Have you heard about the mortgage industry crisis? If you want to know about it, this movie could be an option.
6. Margin Call: Hollywood and the legacy of thought-provoking movies go hand-in-hand. Margin Call showcases the reality of the frangible world of the financial system. This movie delves deep into how reputed banks and financial institutions have a risk-taking appetite, so much so that; they make reckless decisions. It shows the lives of people working for investment banks just 24 hours before the great 2008 financial crisis. This movie doesn’t shy away from showing the reality of the investment banks and how they can risk it all to make handsome profits.
7. The Wolf of Wall Steet: This movie is a real-life story of Jordan Belfort, who was put behind the bars for twenty-two months for successfully defrauding investors. In this movie, you will understand the nature of the brokers operating on Wall Street. Leonardo Di Caprio as a smooth-talking boss, devising new strategies to see his wealth expand, won the audience’s hearts.
8. Boiler Room: To meet his father’s high expectations, Seth Davis takes a job as a stockbroker for a suburban investment firm. However, the job is a little twisted and not as innocent as it seems. He is a college dropout with a strong desire to succeed and amass wealth.
9. Trading Places: This comedy movie speaks about the highs and lows associated with trading. Moreover, the movie sheds light on the basics of class strata in the US and the socio-economic design. You will also come across several stereotypical ideas related to money. The frantic trading session, in the end, takes the audience on a roller-coaster ride of emotions.
Watch the movies from the list to learn the ABCD of the stock market. So, grab a bucket of popcorn and a can of cold drink to dive into the world of trading and the stock market.