Best One Night Stand Websites in 2021 – Find a Hookup Online
Looking to spice up your love life but without the pressure of commitments and expectations?
Are you too busy looking at celeb nudes or too shy to get out there and meet someone in person?
How about trying some adult chat options and adult dating online?
Casual dating sites are used by a large population in America. In 2020 alone, there were 44.2 million virtual daters bringing a revenue of $602m to the online dating industry.
In other words – everyone is doing it! (wink wink)
Whether you’re looking to break the ice with someone or just find a quick one-night fling – here are the 14 best casual dating sites right now!
Best Hookup Sites For Online Dating – First Look
- One night stands, swingers etc – Adult Friend Finder
- More women than men – Seeking
- Best for NSA relationships – Ashley Madison
- Fun semi-serious dating – OkCupid
- Hookups & Dates For Gay Men – Grindr
- Many free features – Plenty Of Fish
- Find a one night stand with a few swipes – Tinder
- Kink focused casual dating app – Alt
- Women send the first message – Bumble
- Great for 40+ dating – eHarmony
How We Ranked the Best Hookup Sites and Apps
To help you find a good adult dating site for casual hookups, we did extensive research and looked into more than 20 dating sites using the following as benchmarks:
- Membership – Is it free to join, and do they have premium plans?
- Platform activity – How active is the site, and how easy is it to navigate through it?
- Hookup success – How easy and fast is it to get a hookup?
- Site reputation – What reputation precedes the site – is it full of genuine users or fake profiles, scammers, and bots?
- Female to male ratio – What is the gender proportion?
- User reviews – What do users have to say about the site?
Based on how each site scored against our benchmarks, we were able to come up with the best 10 casual dating sites that you can join.
Our Top 10 Casual Dating Apps & Sites
1. AdultFriendFinder – Best Hookup Site Overall
- A large user base of over 80 million users
- Plenty of ways to contact members
- Livestream and chat functions
- Profiles are well-detailed
- There have been reports of bots and fake profiles
Designed primarily for hookups between singles, couples, and swingers, Adult Friend Finder is one of the best hookup sites of all time.
The majority of users on Adult Friend Finder are men, but the ratio is not so far apart. In other words, your chances of finding a partner here are pretty high, whatever your gender.
You can sign up for free, but you can also opt for their $20 monthly premium membership, where you get access to adult content such as erotic stories, photos, and other fun activities.
The only annoying thing with AdultFriendFinder is the tons of ads that keep popping up, but for a free, quick, and easy hookup, it’s worth it.
Or you know… you could just get the paid version!
2. Seeking – Hookup Site With More Women than Men
- Very high female to male ratio
- Free to join for women
- A strict member verification process
- Easy to navigate the site
- Premium membership is a bit high
Seeking is more focused on matching successful singles with younger and attractive partners who want stability in their relationships.
Given the demand for wealthy men, men seem to have the upper hand here, while women have to face stiff competition to get noticed. Luckily, women sign up for free while men have to pay a premium membership fee.
The membership base is impressively large, and as soon as your profile is approved, you can start searching profiles to get hooked up.
You don’t pay a dime to chat members unless you want more customized search filter options like the option to search members based on income and net worth.
If you have a “wealthy” profile, you can be certain of finding a hookup who appeals to you real fast.
3. Ashley Madison – Best No-Strings-Attached Hookups
- Many privacy features
- Quick and easy to register
- A large pool of active members
- Has features to keep you discreet
- Quite pricey for male users
- Morally questionable
Ashley Madison is geared towards people looking for discreet hookups with no strings attached.
Unlike most dating apps, women sign up for free while men pay, hence the high female to male ratio that many other sites don’t have.
The Ashley Madison user interface is pretty easy to navigate even for a first-timer, and with their large membership pool with a high activity of 15,000 logins a day, there is a high chance of you finding a low-key discreet hookup real quick.
While the service is quite pricey for male users, as soon as you sign up, you can begin searching for profiles and viewing photos of other members.
Oh, and there’s a ton of privacy features, including face-blurring and emergency logouts.
4. OkCupid – Best Online Dating Site For A Serious Relationship
- Choose whether looking for hookups, dates, etc.
- Intense signup process (very detailed questions)
- Detailed profiles
- Better match suggestions
- Complaints of members’ data leaking
What differentiates OKCupid from other dating apps, including Tinder and Bumble, all owned by the same parent company, is how intense the signup process is.
OkCupid gathers as much information about its members as possible to help make better match suggestions. This saves you hours of perusing through profiles just to find a match.
Unlike the other apps, you get to choose your interest, whether friendship, casual hookup, romantic relationship, or an open casual thing.
Diversify your dating life!
While it’s free to browse profiles and even message members, the platform gives you an option to go premium to unlock more customization and access.
5. Grindr – Best Hookup App For Gay Men & LGBTQ+ People
- A purely gay/queer platform
- Free to contact nearby profiles
- Uses geolocation to find guys near you
- You can search for local hookups
- Hard to find a long-term connection
Grindr is so far the best app to find gay hookups. The platform has millions of male, trans, and genderqueer users who are very active all over the world.
The only challenge here? The profiles are thin, that you may not gather so much info about a person. It’s also not the best place to find a serious relationship and many guys are flakey.
Still, what makes Grindr such a success is the concept of proximity. The site lets you know who is available for a hook-up near you by using your phone’s location to find other LGBTQ people nearby.
Very convenient, right?
Joining is free, and you get access to free messaging, profile search, and you can explore as many profiles as possible. Good stuff!
6. Plenty of Fish – One Of The Best Online Dating Sites With Free Messaging
- Access to Live video streaming
- Free messaging
- Affordable premium plans
- There is no way to link to your socials like Spotify
Founded in 2003, Plenty of Fish (POF) claims that more than a billion messages are sent via the platform every month. For a site that is geared towards mature singles looking for companionship and hopefully love, this activity level is high.
Though their interface is not massively user-friendly or packed with features, POF still ensures that their members can get a hookup as soon as they join through the free messaging feature and the search function.
The search function allows you to filter profiles based on proximity, age, ethnicity, body type, or even income.
To enjoy more benefits like seeing who has liked your profile, access to a list of new users, and unlocking profiles of all users, you can upgrade your account. Their plans start from $19.99 monthly, and you can choose to boost your profile from as little as $1.69.
The platform is also available on Android and iOS devices, although the desktop version seems to be the most preferred.
7. Tinder – One of the Best Hookup Apps For Casual Encounters
- Free basic app
- Easy swiping feature
- Modern, easy to use interface
- Tinder has plenty of ways to make one spend more bucks
Tinder, a location-based casual dating system, is one of the most popular hookup sites with a large user base and high activity level. It’s popular for the “swipe left swipe right” feature that lets you accept and reject profiles.
Overall this is a free platform, but if you want to access some complimentary features like live video calls, unlimited likes, and unlimited rewinds, you have to pay a monthly premium fee starting from $19.99.
Not too bad, right?
Tinder has really bumped up the safety of its users by enforcing features like real-time photo verification and the ability to share a date’s details. This allows their users to focus on getting hooked without worrying so much about safety.
We’re always on board with hookup safety!
8. Alt.com – Best For Kink Fans
- Best for BDSM hookups
- Detailed member profiles
- Access to video chats, webcams, messages & blog
- The site tends to favor premium members
Alt is a site for lovers of all things Fifty Shades Of Grey. Even though they have members of all ages, the most active are between the ages of 25 to 35.
The platform has more than 1 million users with well-detailed profiles, and so it’s fast and easy to find a hookup.
It’s equally easy to join the site, and you can immediately join the chat rooms or access the live web-cams, video chats, nudes, and explicit forum topics, all at no cost.
If you want to explore your deepest desires with no judgment, Alt is the place to do it.
9. Bumble – Best NSA Dating App For Women
- Equal gender proportion
- Women make the first move
- Profiles are back
- Free to contact members
- May be frustrating for male users
- Limitations on the free app version
Bumble works completely differently from the other dating sites. Only women can initiate contact and not the other way round… men can only show interest by liking profiles. This gives women control over who they speak to.
No more unsolicited pics!
Bumble has an easy-to-use interface, and just like Tinder, you swipe profiles to show interest or dislike. Once you find a profile that you like, you can message them at no cost or use the video chat feature to engage your match before physically meeting them.
This hookup app has a clean reputation so far, with a bulk of its reviews being positive. Their customer service is also commendable as they are fast in responding. In addition, they have a large member base, making it easy to find a match.
10. eHarmony – Best Matching System For Profiles
- Lots of privacy and security features
- Intense profile building
- Video chat
- Quite pricey
eHarmony has a pretty intense onboarding process, and members provide very detailed profiles. Coupled with their excellent filtering tool and an easy-to-use interface, members are set to succeed in finding the perfect match.
Once you find a match, you will, however, have to pay to contact them. The free version doesn’t offer much, and you are better off just paying the $59.90 per month for the 6 months plan.
It’s one of the cheaper long-term plans for sure!
You can sign up for eharmony either from your iOS and Android devices or from your desktop, making it easier to arrange casual dates on the go if needs be.
The 4 Runner-Ups
Not all the hookup sites and apps had time to make our list, but here are 4 runner-ups that may also be worth a try!
- Zoosk – Fun dating app with games and virtual coins & gifts you can send to people
- AsianDate – Best dating app for Asian people and those who tend to like them
- Sudy – Another great “no strings attached” app for wealthy dating
- CougarLife – One of the best fling sites for cougars and those into them
Casual Dates & Hookups FAQs
Are dating apps and hookup sites safe?
Dating sites are usually safe in terms of your privacy and data – at least all the ones we have reviewed are.
But granted, there are sketchy sites out there with plenty of scammers, hackers, identity thieves, and all sorts of psychos.
With that said, it’s important to select a hookup site carefully.
Find out if it vets the members, runs background checks, offers data protection, and what other safety and security measures they have in place. The more stringent the measures, the safer you are on the site.
However, even when joining a secure site, you still have to take precautions to guarantee your safety when meeting someone:
- Don’t share your personal info like your financials and home address
- Always meet in a public place for the first physical contact
- Alert a friend or family member when going for a date
- Beware of fake profiles and bots
- Trust your instincts at all times
Most users on dating sites are not out to get you, but you always need to take precautions and treat people with suspicion at first.
Stay safe on these sites!
Must I pay to use a hookup site?
Well, that depends on your gender and the site that you are on.
Some sites like Seeking Arrangement only charge men and give women a free pass while the majority have a free version for all, and you only pay for advanced features like video chats, boosting profiles, among others.
Regardless of whether free or paid, you still stand a chance of getting a hookup in both versions. Although, you may have a much higher success with the paid versions.
What personal information do hookup websites require?
Every dating site will ask for specific information from you. Some are rigorous in their vetting and verification, while some are not. However, they won’t require any financial info unless you are paying to upgrade your account.
To find out what the site will require, read their full disclosure on the terms and conditions section.
What Are the Best Free Hookup Sites?
Most good sites have a free version and a paid version with more robust features. You might get lucky with the free version or a free website like Reddit, but often you’ll need to pay a little to see some success.
C’est la vie.
If you don’t mind spending a little for easy NSA hookups, then we’d highly recommend Adult Friend Finder – it’s designed purely for hooking up, so there’s no pretense about what everyone’s there for.
Ashley Madison is also great if you’re trying to keep things on the DL.
According to Clevescene hookup sites are best for when looking for a good time rather than a committed relationship. While you can still bump into your soulmate even on Tinder, it’s not a common occurrence.
Which of these hookup sites do you like? Let us know below!