Taco Tuesday: Celebrate this delicious day with these tasty recipes
Tuesdays are our favorite day of the week because of Taco Tuesday. There are so many options when it comes to getting tacos on this weekly celebration. There are taco trucks, restaurants, fast food joints, and homemade Taco Tuesday recipes. Here are some of our favorite Taco Tuesday recipes that go beyond a traditional taco:
Spiced chicken tacos
Forget the seasoning from a package. Taco Tuesday recipes like this one allow you to season the meat yourself. Tacos are so much tastier & fresher when they’re made from scratch.
2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste, 1 ½ pounds boneless and skinless chicken thighs, 1 tablespoon canola oil, 12 warmed mini flour tortillas, 1 cup pico de gallo, 1 halved and diced avocado, ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, and 1 lime cut into wedges.
- Combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, half a teaspoon of pepper, and one teaspoon of salt in a small bowl.
- Season the chicken with the powder mixture.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken to the skillet in a single layer. Cook until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about four or five minutes on each side. Let cool, then dice.
- The chicken is ready to be serviced in the tortillas and topped with the avocado, cilantro, lime, and pico de gallo.
Black bean tacos with avocado cilantro lime crema
Take a break from typical Taco Tuesday recipes and try a homemade taco with black bean filling & delicious crema.
2 cans drained & rinsed black beans, 1 cup salsa, 1 ½ teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, warmed tortillas, ½ medium avocado, 1 tablespoon lime juice ½ cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 cup fresh cilantro, and 1 clove garlic, pressed through a garlic crusher.
- Combine beans, salsa, chili powder, and cumin in a medium saucepan. Simmer those ingredients for about five to ten minutes. Stir it occasionally and mash the beans slightly if desired. Remove from heat.
- Combine avocado, lime juice, yogurt, cilantro, and garlic in a blender or food processor and blend until the ingredients form a creamy texture.
- Serve the beans on tortillas and top with the crema.
Put a twist on typical beef Taco Tuesday recipes with these tasty tacos to try at your next party.
1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ diced yellow onion, 2 pounds ground beef, ½ teaspoon chili powder, ½ teaspoon cumin, ½ teaspoon paprika, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper, 20 small tortillas, 18 hard taco shells, 1 pound grated cheddar cheese, 15 diced roma tomatoes, and a head of shredded green leaf lettuce.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add the olive oil & onion to a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until the ingredients start to soften.
- Add the ground beef to the mixture. Cook until the meat is browned, then drain the fat.
- Stir in the chili powder, paprika, salt, cumin, crushed red pepper, and black pepper.
- Add half a cup of water and stir. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for fifteen minutes.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm in the oven for twenty to twenty-five minutes. Then, crisp the taco shells in the oven based on instructions on the package.
- Serve with cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes.
Pork carnitas street tacos
For some real flavor in your tacos made with Taco Tuesday recipes, try making these pork carnitas tacos.
2 cups cooked pork carnitas, 2 teaspoons olive oil, ⅓ cup reserved carnitas juices, 8 white corn tortillas, 1 cup guacamole, 1 cup pico de gallo, ½ cup queso fresco, lime wedges, and salsa of choice.
- Add olive oil & pork to a skillet over medium-high heat. Sear for two minutes, then add the reserved carnitas juices. Saute that for three to five minutes until the juices evaporate and the pork is browned.
- Spray the tortillas with a bit of oil or non-stick cooking spray. In a separate skillet, cook the tortillas until they’re slightly browned.
- Top each tortilla with carnitas, guacamole, pico de gallo, and queso fresco. Put lime wedges and salsa on the side of the plate before serving.