Get ready for hot girl summer with these mouth-watering recipes
Are you truly ready for hot girl summer? You’ve already purchased the hot swimsuits, planned that summer trip with your best friends, and are already getting your tan on. However, we’re sure you’re missing out on just one very important thing: the food. After all, what’s a hot girl summer without some yummy dishes to fuel up all that energy you’re going to need to make all those unforgettable memories?
However, we’re sure that you’re going to want to keep cool during the hot summer days, which means you’re probably going to stay away from cooking dishes that will need an oven. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Let’s take a look at some refreshing and delicious recipes you should have on your list this upcoming summer. You can even make these dishes with your friends for a fun summer bonding time!
Thai Peanut Wraps
We’re completely obsessed with these yummy Thai peanut wraps, and strongly believe they are the perfect dish to include on our list of delicious summer recipes. Just make sure no one you’re serving to suffers from a peanut allergy though! We’re not ruining our hot girl summer with a trip to the hospital here.
Pro tip: make the wrap’s filling and peanut dressing ahead of time, but don’t assemble them until you’re actually ready to eat them since you don’t want to end up eating a soggy Thai Peanut Wrap that’s falling apart at the seams. These Thai Peanut Wraps make for the perfect light meal to enjoy on a sunny hike in the woods or during a beach day. We assure you that you won’t be disappointed.
Ingredients (for the wraps)
- 1 cup of wonton strips
- ½ cup of peanuts
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrots
- 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup cooked and shelled edamame
- 5 wraps (choose your own preferred kind of wraps!)
Ingredients (for the peanut sauce)
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ tsp salt
- Put rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, minced garlic, and lime juice into a mixing bowl. Whisk together.
- Add peanut butter, salt, and red pepper flakes into the mixing bowl and continue whisking. Place the bowl aside.
- In another larger bowl, place and mix all of the ingredients for the wraps together.
- Divide the mixture of all the ingredients evenly between the number of wraps you have.
- Drizzle the peanut sauce you’ve created in the other bowl on top. Then, roll up the flatbreads. Cut them in half before serving/eating. Enjoy!
Avocado Chicken Salad
Avocado Chicken Salad is up next on our list of yummy recipes for the summer, and we’ve figured this is the perfect dish for those who want some good tasting meals but also want to be healthy and keep things light as they tan their days away. Plus, it’s super easy to make!
- 2 shredded, medium cooked chicken breasts
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- ½ cup corn
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup minced red or green onions
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Mix the chicken, avocado, onions, corn, and cilantro together in a bowl.
- Drizzle the mixture with lime juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss all of the ingredients gently until they are well combined. Enjoy!
Watermelon Salad with Feta & Cucumber
A watermelon salad? How refreshing does that sound? Truly, this sounds like one of the most savory and satisfying recipes you can enjoy during the summer heat. Let’s take a look at how you can make this dish here.
- 8 cups of chopped/cubed watermelon
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers
- 2 ounces Feta
- ½ lemon zest
- 4 basil leaves
- Sea salt to taste
- Chop up the watermelon into smaller cubes.
- Slice the cucumbers.
- Chop up the basil leaves.
- Zest the lemon.
- Place the watermelon and cucumbers on a platter. Sprinkle the dish with feta crumbles, lemon zest, and sea salt to taste. You can even add pepper, olive oil, herbs, or whatever else you may prefer. Enjoy!