Take your outdoor cookout to the next level with these summer squash recipes
With summer just around the corner, it probably means that you’re ready to have tons of outdoor cookouts and hangouts. Well, we’ve got you covered if you want to surprise your family and friends by using your cooking skills to serve up some yummy dishes for your loved ones. Check out all the best squash recipes to cook up this summer here, and before you know it, you’ll be impressing your dinner guests in no time.
Skillet Zucchini and Yellow Squash
This is one of our favorite squash recipes to serve as a yummy side dish at your summer cookouts. We guarantee you that your loved ones are going to enjoy eating up every single bite. Plus, it’s super simple and quick to cook up, taking up to twenty minutes at the maximum. This squash dish can also go with just about anything. Have we also mentioned that we’re absolutely obsessed with how tasty it is?
- 2 small zucchinis, trimmed at the ends and diced
- 2 small yellow crookneck squash, trimmed at the ends and diced
- ½ tbsp butter
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a ten or twelve inch nonstick skillet, heat up the butter and olive oil over medium hot.
- Once heated up, add the zucchini and yellow squash into the mix in a layer that is as even as possible. The vegetables should sizzle as it hits the skillet. Sprinkle the dish with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the zucchini and squash sit without moving it for about 2 minutes so it can get golden brown. Then, stir it a bit. Let it continue to cook while stirring every once in a while until the squash is browned to your liking. This can take around six minutes.
- Finish seasoning if necessary. You can even add grated Parmesan cheese if you want! Enjoy.
Another amazing dish to make on our list of squash recipes is this yummy roasted summer squash. While we’re going to use yellow squash for this recipe, keep in mind you can also enjoy it with other substitutes such as zucchinis or crookneck squashes. This is also another excellent side dish to impress your loved ones with at the next summer cookout.
- Summer squash
- Breading (we recommend using Panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and some form of seasoning such as salt with lemon pepper or paprika)
- Veggies (we recommend asparagus spears or bell peppers or even zucchinis)
- Check out how simple this dish is to make. First, begin by slicing the squash or your preferred veggie to use and toss it in with some olive oil.
- Combine any of the other ingredients you will be using, and toss it in with the squash.
- Lay all the ingredients onto a prepared baking sheet and pan. Bake it until it is tender.
- Broil the dish for a minute or so in order to have the coating crisp and browned. Then, serve and enjoy! Yum.
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Squash, Tomatoes, and Zucchini
We’re completely obsessed with this dish. It also makes the perfect side snack at your summer cookout, and while they’re super healthy, they taste absolutely delicious.Try this recipe here and find out for yourself just how amazing this dish tastes.
- 2 small zucchini (1 lb), cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 small yellow squash (1 lb), cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 14 oz small tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (1 1/2 Tbsp)
- 1 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- herbs (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare an eighteen by thirteen inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Whisk olive oil, garlic, and Italian seasoning together in a bowl.
- Put zucchini, tomatoes, and squash in another mixing bowl. Then, pour the bowl with the olive oil, garlic, and Italian seasoning over the mixing bowl and gently toss with your hands to coat.
- Place the veggies onto the baking sheet and spread evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over.
- Roast the dish into the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until veggies are tender and cheese is golden brown. If desired, sprinkle with herbs such as parsley. Serve and enjoy!