MEPCO Online Bill:
No more worries about receiving your MEPCO bill late or missing it due to address changes, MEPCO online bill provides you a free solution to check your bill online.
In this article, we will guide you through the simple steps to check your Mepco bill online, saving you time and effort.
- Go to checkmepcobill.pk.
- Provide your 14-digit reference number in the designated space.
- Click submit to proceed.
- You will be taken to the bill summary page, where you can access key details like due amount, late payment surcharge, due date, and consumed units.
- To get a duplicate bill, click ‘view complete bill.’
- You can either print or save the complete bill as a PDF.
- This duplicate bill is just as valid as the original and can be used accordingly.
Receive Mepco bill As Email:
Through checkmepcobill.pk, you can also receive your mepco duplicate bill in your email inbox. Just follow these steps to receive your bill as an email.
- Visit checkmepcobill
- Enter your email address in the specified field.
- Enter your 14 digit reference number
- Select your bill type. ‘General’ for domestic and ‘Industrial’ for commercial.
- Click submit button
- Your bill will be sent to your email shortly after submission.
About MEPCO :
MEPCO, short for Multan Electric Power Company, is one of the largest power distribution companies in Pakistan. Established on May 14, 1998. MEPCO serves a vast area covering 13 districts in southern Punjab with a population of over 26 million. It holds a Distribution License granted by the National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) under the Regulation o Generation, Transmission, and Distribution of Electric Power Act, 1997.
The geographical service area of MEPCO encompasses districts like Multan, Khanewal, Vehari, Bahawalpur, Rahim Yar Khan, Sahiwal, Dera Ghazi Khan, Muzaffargarh, Rajanpur, Layyah, Lodhran, Bahawalnagar, and Pakpattan..
MEPCO takes pride in its operational performance, with low distribution losses and a high rate of bill collection, making it one of the best electricity distribution companies in the country. The company primarily generates electricity through hydro-electric power. For latest news about MEPCO, you can visit MEPCO News
MEPCO’s Contributing to National Development:
As a vital player in the energy sector, MEPCO plays a critical role in the nation’s development. By ensuring a steady power supply, the company supports various industries, agricultural activities, and commercial establishments, driving economic growth and creating employment opportunities. Additionally, MEPCO actively participates in social development initiatives, contributing to the welfare of the communities it serves.
MEPCO remains committed to continuous improvement and innovation in its operations. The company plans to invest in smart grid technologies, which will further enhance power distribution efficiency and reliability. With an eye on sustainable development, MEPCO aims to incorporate renewable energy sources in its portfolio, reducing its carbon footprint and contributing to a greener Pakistan.
Electricity Saving Tips to Reduce Your Bill
If you’re tired of hefty electricity bills, follow these guidelines to significantly cut your costs:
- Turn off extra lights when not needed.
- Opt for energy-efficient fluorescent lamps instead of conventional ones.
- Minimize usage of high-power devices like air conditioners, electric heaters, water pumps, microwaves, and washing machines.
- Limit electricity usage between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Set your air conditioner thermostat to 26 degrees for optimal cooling.
- Use low-power consumption machines in industries.
- Ensure quality wiring with reliable cables.
- Unplug chargers once your mobile is fully charged.
By implementing these tips, you can save electricity and reduce your bill significantly.
Safety Guidelines for MEPCO Electricity Consumers
- Electrical Appliance Inspection: Regularly inspect all electrical appliances, cords, and plugs for any signs of wear, damage, or overheating. Replace or repair faulty equipment immediately to prevent potential hazards.
- Proper Wiring: Ensure that all electrical wiring within your premises is installed by qualified professionals and meets safety standards. Avoid using extension cords for prolonged periods and refrain from overloading electrical outlets.
- Switch Off Appliances: When not in use, switch off and unplug electrical appliances to minimize the risk of electrical fires or shocks. This practice not only conserves energy but also ensures safety.
- Earth Grounding: Properly earth ground all electrical equipment, especially sensitive devices like computers and electronics, to protect them from electrical surges and prevent shock hazards.
- Use Circuit Breakers: Install circuit breakers or residual current devices (RCDs) in your electrical distribution board to safeguard against short circuits and earth leakages.
- Avoid Water Contact: Keep electrical devices and cords away from water sources. Do not touch electrical appliances with wet hands or when standing on wet surfaces.
- Childproof Outlets: Install childproof safety covers on electrical outlets to prevent accidental insertion of foreign objects or fingers by children.
- Fire Safety: Have fire extinguishers readily available in your home or business premises, and ensure everyone knows how to use them. Regularly conduct fire drills and establish a clear evacuation plan.
- Outdoor Safety: If you plan to carry out outdoor electrical work, ensure it is done by trained professionals following safety protocols. Keep an eye out for overhead power lines and maintain safe distances from them.
- Report Issues Promptly: If you notice any abnormalities in your electrical supply or infrastructure, such as flickering lights, unusual sounds, or power outages, report them immediately to MEPCO’s customer support for prompt investigation and resolution.
- Storm Precautions: During thunderstorms or heavy rains, avoid using electrical appliances, and unplug sensitive electronics to protect them from power surges.
- Use Surge Protectors: Install surge protectors on valuable electronic equipment to safeguard them against voltage fluctuations and electrical surges.
By adhering to these safety guidelines, MEPCO consumers can significantly reduce the risk of electrical accidents and ensure a safe and secure environment for themselves and their families. Remember, electrical safety is a shared responsibility, and everyone’s cooperation is essential in maintaining a secure electrical ecosystem.