Be the life of the party with these unique Jello shot recipes
If there’s one thing that screams college to everyone, it’s jello shots. Those delicious & deceptive cocktails can be found at any college party to the joy of any student. Easy to make and easy to drink, they’re the surefire way to get any party started.
But as the years go on for many of us, these adorable little drinks get replaced with larger cocktails that, while fun in their own ways, don’t capture the same fun feel of a jello shot, which you may never get again.
But what if you could? We drank our way through the internet (don’t ask, we’re still recovering) and found some amazing & creative jello shot recipes that’ll make you the life of the party. Grab your cups and dive into these great jello shot recipes.
Pink Lemonade Jell-O Shots
This first addition to our list of jello-shot recipes is a fun & simple drink that is perfect for any summer barbeque or brunch. Not only is it a fresh take on a classic summer drink, but the presentation will liven up any drink table.
- 6 lemons, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup lemonade
- 1 (30oz.) package instant watermelon Jell-O
- 1 cup vodka
- Using a spoon, scoop out the fruit of the lemons, leaving the peel intact.
- In a small saucepan, heat lemonade until warm. Whisk in the Jell-O packet and cook until the powder is completely dissolved. Remove pan from heat and whisk in vodka.
- Place lemon halves into wells in a muffin tin and fill with Jell-O mixture. Refrigerate until set, at least three hours and up to overnight.
- Slice lemons in half and serve.
Negroni Jell-O Shots
Want to make a bite-sized version of Meghan Markle’s favorite drink? Then this next addition to our list of jello shot recipes is for you! Fresh, fun, and easy to make, this recipe will definitely not leave any leftovers behind.
- 3 cup lemon lime soda
- 4 (0.25-oz.) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup gin
- 1/4 cup campari
- 1/4 cup vermouth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sanding sugar, for rolling
- Orange zest, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, add lemon lime soda and sprinkle over gelatin. Let it bloom for two minutes. Turn heat to medium and whisk until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, Campari, gin, vermouth, and orange juice.
- Lightly grease a 9-x-5″ loaf pan with cooking spray and pour in gelatin mixture. Chill until firm, at least three hours.
- Turn out gelatin mixture onto a piece of parchment paper and slice into squares. Sprinkle it with sugar, and garnish with orange zest before serving.
Bacon Bourbon Jell-O Shots
This last addition to our list of jello-shot recipes is an absolute showstopper at any party, fancy or casual! The oddly satisfying combination of crisp bacon and sharp bourbon will change the way you make & drink cocktails from now on.
- 2 (0.25-oz.) packages of Jello
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 cup apple juice
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 strips cooked bacon, patted dry
- In a large bowl or liquid measuring cup, sprinkle gelatin over bourbon and let bloom for five minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat bring apple juice & sugar to a boil. Whisk boiling apple juice into gelatin mixture.
- Cut bacon slices into thirds and place each third into shot glasses then pour jello mixture in.
- Refrigerate until set, two hours.
Have any other party-making jello shot recipes that anyone can do? Drop them below in the comments so we can keep the party rolling on!