Running out of ideas for dinner? Try these delicious recipes now
Dinner can be a pleasantly relaxing highlight to a long, stressful day. They can do more than just fill you up. Dinners often bring folks together and birth cherishing memories & traditions. But sometimes, dinners can be like streaming movies & shows – since there are so many foods to choose from, it can be difficult to decide. Sometimes, to get those creative spices going, you just need some simple ideas for recipes.
You could add some splash, bounce, and intensity to your meals through homemade gourmet food. These ideas for recipes will be an amazing hit at any dinner table.
Present this simple lemon chicken recipe as an artistic masterpiece shining like the sun with a lemony zing. Calling for garlic and other delicious herbs soaking in white wine, these tender chicken breasts are just as healthy as they are juicy & delectable.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts or about 2.5 lbs
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons of dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ cup of dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 lemon cut into 6 slices
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry and put them on a 9 x 13 baking sheet.
- Take a small bowl, and mix the olive oil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, the 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper to make a thick marinade paste.
- Cover the chicken breasts with the marinade paste.
- Using the same bowl, take the white wine, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, and the rest of the salt, and mix them together.
- Pour them over the chicken breasts.
- Rest the lemon slices between the chicken breasts.
- Bake the chicken for fifteen minutes.
- Baste the chicken with the pan juice.
- Bake the chicken for an additional fifteen minutes or until golden.
Baked salmon with grapefruit salad
This dinner idea is warm like a hearth in your mouth and has a perfect level of moisture like fresh bread. It’s going to be soft, flaky, and melt-in-your mouth to perfection. You’ll love this baked salmon recipe and it’ll cook in just fifteen minutes!
- ¾ lbs of fresh salmon filet
- 1 cubed avocado
- 1 peeled grapefruit
- 4 cups of loosely packed mache (or other spring greens of your choice)
- 1 lemon
- Honey mustard vinaigrette
- Salt & pepper
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put your salmon on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Season the salmon with the salt and pepper.
- Bake the salmon for fifteen minutes or until it darkens up and flakes easily.
- While the salmon is baking, use a paring knife to peel away the grapefruit skin.
- Slice each grapefruit wedge away from the inner white skin.
- Arrange the salad on the serving plates by layering the greens, avocado, and grapefruit wedges.
- Douse them lightly with the vinaigrette sauce.
- Cut the salmon into 2 pieces and dress them with lemon juice.
Salmon en papillote
There’s not much that beats a homemade gourmet meal, but sometimes, they can be difficult to find in simple recipe ideas. Why spend a bunch of money when you really don’t have to?
Few is easier than cooking salmon in parchment with vegetables. You would have to try to mess it up. The steam-cooked en Papillote will make your salmon come out of the oven graciously moist & tender.
- 1.5 lbs of salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 small and thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 thinly sliced head fennel
- 1 thinly sliced lemon
- 1 teaspoon of dried dill
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- Parchment paper
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the parchment paper into 4 large ovals of 15 x 10 inches, and then fold in half.
- On each ½ of the parchment layer on ¼ of the zucchini, ¼ the fennel, 1 piece of salmon, sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of salt, ¼ pepper, ¼ teaspoon of dill, lemon slices, drizzle with ¼ cup of olive oil and a few pieces of fennel leaves.
- Do the same to all salmon fillets.
- Close the parchment paper by folding the other half over the prepared salmon.
- Gently roll the open edges toward the center.
- Put the pouches on a baking sheet.
- Bake on the center rack in the oven for fifteen minutes.
Got anymore ideas for dinner recipes? You know what to do!