Easy dessert recipes: Indulge your sweet tooth with these tasty treats
With Valentine’s Day drawing near, ‘tis the time for love, and sometimes unconditional love manifests in the form of sweet, delicious treats. You might’ve planned to cook a feast for your boo, but don’t miss out on desserts due to a time crunch. Whip up some of these mouthwatering desserts to complete your full-course meal.
Don’t worry if you’re spending the holiday by yourself and binge-watching Bridgerton, because we’ve got you covered. These dessert recipes are easy enough to make inbetween episodes and give you some sweet company.
Whether it’s a romantic dinner with your partner or a simple dessert craving in the middle of a bingewatch, indulge your sweet tooth by making these yummy, easy-to-make dessert recipes.
Strawberry icebox cake
Strawberry Icebox Cake reminds us of the New York Cheesecake but on a budget, and all you need are three simple ingredients to make this creamy strawberry dessert.
5 cups sweetened whipped cream (300 g), 11 large rectangular graham crackers, 3 cups chopped strawberry (450 g).
- Spread a thin layer of whipped cream in a square glass baking dish.
- Layer graham crackers on top, then cover with a layer of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle one-third of the strawberries on top, then layer with cream again.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 until no more ingredients remain. (The top layer should be strawberries and should not be covered with cream.)
- Refrigerate for at least three hours and serve chilled. Enjoy!
Peanut butter trifle
Fan of peanut butter? Try this salty-sweet dessert that incorporates protein-filled peanut butter and loads of tasty chocolate.
2 & ½ Milk Chocolate Brownie Mix, 2 packages Miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (13 oz each), 4 cups milk, ½ cup instant vanilla pudding mix, 1 cup creamy peanut butter, 4 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 cartons of whipping cream (13 oz each).
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions using a 9×13 inch pan. Make sure not to over bake the brownies.
- Cool on a wire rack and cut into three-quarters of an inch pieces.
- Cut Reese’s peanut butter cups in half and set aside one-third cup for garnish.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk & pudding mixes for two minutes. Add peanut butter & vanilla extract and mix well. Fold the mixture with one & half cartons whipped topping.
- Place a third of the brownies in a trifle bowl and top with a third of the remaining peanut butter cups. Spoon a third of the pudding mixture over the top. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover with remaining whipped topping and garnish with reserved peanut butter cups.
- Refrigerate until chilled and serve!
Cookies & ice cream pie
Got some Oreos in your pantry? Get creative with this recipe of wholesome cookies & ice cream pie.
20 chocolate sandwich cookies, 1 cup melted chocolate (170 g), approx. 6 cups of softened ice cream.
- Place cookies in a plastic bag and hit with a rolling pin or pan until crushed.
- Pat the cookie crumbs into the bottom of a nine-inch pie dish.
- Spread the softened ice cream on top and smooth out.
- Drizzle the top with melted chocolate.
- Freeze for four hours, or until the ice cream is hardened. Serve & enjoy!
Banana split fluff
Miss having banana split on summer afternoons? Here’s a quick & easy take on the original dessert. But don’t be fooled by its simplicity, banana split fluff is a crowd-pleaser at any get-together.
Sweetened condensed milk, whipped topping, cherry pie filling, bananas, crushed pineapple, chopped nuts.
- In a large bowl, blend the sweetened condensed milk and whipped topping until fully combined.
- Add the cherry pie filling, banana slices, and crushed pineapple.
- Add your chopped nuts and reserve a few for garnish.
- Stir all ingredients by hand. You can serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
Need easy dessert recipes for the weekend? Give some of these easy & delectable dessert recipes a try and let us know which one’s your favorite.