STAY COOL AND SHADED WITH THESE HEAVY-DUTY OUTDOOR UMBRELLAS
During the summer months, when the weather warms up and the days get longer, spending time outside becomes a top priority. Whether you’re lounging by the pool or hosting a BBQ, having a heavy-duty outdoor umbrella can make all the difference. It will not only provide shelter to you and your guests from inclement weather conditions but will also create a welcoming atmosphere.
However, with so many options on the market, including large outdoor umbrellas, cantilever patios, and cafe umbrellas, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. When choosing a heavy-duty outdoor umbrella, it’s important to consider factors such as size, material, frame, and functionality. Ensuring that the umbrella is the right size for your space, made of durable materials like UV-protected polyester or acrylic, has a rust-free frame such as aluminium or fiberglass, and features easy-to-use functionalities like a crank lift or push-button tilt, can help you make an informed decision. In this blog, we’ll tell you about the best heavy-duty outdoor umbrellas for 2023. Read on…
Types of umbrellas
As mentioned above, there are plenty of heavy duty outdoor umbrellas. Some of them are:
- Large outdoor umbrellas: If you’re looking for maximum coverage for your outdoor space, a large outdoor umbrella is the way to go. These umbrellas typically have a diameter of 10 feet or more and can cover a large area. They’re perfect for outdoor dining tables, lounging areas, or even commercial spaces.
These umbrellas are perfect when it comes to providing shade and protection from the elements. The heavy-duty polyester canopy is UV-resistant, providing protection from the sun’s harmful rays, while also being water-resistant, allowing you to enjoy your outdoor space even on rainy days. Additionally, the canopy is available in a variety of colours and patterns, enabling you to customise your outdoor space to your liking.
- Cantilever patio umbrellas: Cantilever patio umbrellas are a unique and stylish solution to shading your outdoor space. These heavy-duty outdoor umbrellas are designed with a freestanding pole that is offset from the center, allowing the canopy to hang over the area you want to shade. This design feature makes them ideal for spaces where traditional patio umbrellas may not fit or maybe too cumbersome.
One of the biggest advantages of these umbrellas is their ability to provide maximum shade coverage without taking up too much space. Traditional patio umbrellas require a center pole that can be an obstacle in your outdoor space. Cantilever umbrellas, on the other hand, have a pole that is located off to the side, which frees up space underneath the umbrella for furniture, plants, and other outdoor decor.
- Patio or café umbrellas: Patio or cafe umbrellas are a popular choice for commercial outdoor spaces such as restaurants and cafes. They are typically smaller in size than other types of outdoor umbrellas. This compact size makes them ideal for small outdoor spaces, such as sidewalk cafes or outdoor seating areas. Additionally, the smaller size makes them more affordable and easier to maintain than larger umbrellas. Additionally, businesses can customise these canopies with their own choice of colours and designs and create a welcoming atmosphere for their customers.
- Beach umbrellas: Beach umbrellas are specifically designed for use on sandy beaches. They usually have a pointed bottom pole that can be easily inserted into the sand. The canopy is made of UV-resistant material and is usually brightly coloured or patterned.
- Market umbrellas: Market umbrellas are similar to cafe umbrellas in that they are designed for commercial use. However, they are larger in size and are typically used in outdoor markets or events. They feature a sturdy pole and a canopy made of weather-resistant material.
Factors to Consider:
When choosing a heavy-duty outdoor umbrella, there are several factors to consider:
- Size: Consider the size of the area you want to shade and choose an umbrella that will provide adequate coverage.
- Material: Look for an umbrella with a canopy made of UV-protected and water-resistant material such as polyester or acrylic.
- Frame: Look for a frame made of rust-free materials such as aluminium or fiberglass. The frame should be strong enough to hold the umbrella steady when facing high wind speeds.
- Functionality: Look for an umbrella with easy-to-use features such as a crank lift or push-button tilt function.
- Base: One of the most important factors is to select a sturdy base. It helps keep the umbrella upright and resist strong winds.
Investing in a high-quality heavy-duty outdoor umbrella can greatly enhance your outdoor experience, providing much-needed shade and protection from the sun’s harmful rays. While we have mentioned the types of umbrellas that you can choose, make sure you consider the size, material, frame, and functionality of the device before you purchase one.
We also wanted to point out another factor. If you feel your umbrella can only be used during the summer months, think again! You can use your heavy-duty outdoor umbrella in winter as well by repurposing it. You can add some lights or ornaments to the umbrella to create a festive winter display. However, it’s important to monitor and take care of your umbrella during winter. If you notice any damage or wear, it’s best to remove the umbrella and store it in a dry and protected place until the warmer months return.