Top 5 Date Ideas Inspired By Your Favorite Movies
Planning the perfect date for a special occasion is no mean task. From the concept to the location to the food and the gift, it involves careful consideration of a lot of factors. Since it is such a complex but important job, it helps if you take inspiration from the past.
Going to the movies has been an evergreen date night idea since forever. Not only is it easy to execute but it also leads to a cozy romantic encounter. But these days, expectations among couples are rising and to be honest, the movie date idea is like that special cow you can only milk once.
But that doesn’t mean that movies cannot come to your rescue. In fact, you can go one step further and take inspiration from your favorite movies to plan your date night. If you do it right, it will not look cheesy at all and can make your partner very happy.
In this post, we look at some of the top date ideas that are inspired by movies. Let’s get started.
1. Beach Vacation with some cuddly gifts – Almost every other romantic movie has the man taking the lady to a beach once they have settled all the issues that come up between their love. In fact, it has become a sort of ritual even in real life.
If you have been facing a lot of troubles in your marital life, taking that beach vacation makes a lot of sense. Not only can it rejuvenate your heart and soul, it also helps you connect with your partner as you will be in close proximity with each other and the calm sound of the waves can work wonders.
Something else that can make you the best partner in the world is a gift that is cuddle-worthy. These days, a bear made of roses is the in thing and what is there not to like – a teddy bear made of roses – it is like a mini human.
2. Take a Salsa Class together – We do not recommend the dirty in dirty dancing (or do we?). But you get the jist, there is nothing more romantic than grooving to those salsa beats with your bodies touching naturally and without any pretense or awkwardness.
It has been observed in research that married couples who play together stay together. Of course, when we say play together, we mean that they find time to have fun together in the midst of a harrowing work week. It shows the efforts that both sides are making to rejuvenate the relationship.
A Salsa class or any dance class together can certainly add the necessary spice to your love. If it is newfound love or passion between the two of you, then it will help you understand each other. In Salsa, you will come close to each other’s bodies and get used to each other’s touch.
3. Go the artistic route – No, we are not asking you to take another class (though an art class might not be that bad an idea). Do you remember “Draw me like one of your French girls, Jack”? If yes, then you have watched what is arguably one of the most romantic movies ever made.
Obviously, this works only if one of you is actively artistic in nature. Or both of you are complete idiots when it comes to art and can laugh at each other. Either way, doing a drawing or painting activity can bring the two of you together.
Who knows, that dimly lit room, with just the right amount of sunlight entering through the half-open window, and that warm environment, can just be the thing that you needed as a couple.
4. Adventure Sports – Can you recall the best kiss ever (not yours, in the movies)? Yes, you are right, we are talking about the kiss between Noah and Allie in The Notebook. It happened in a canoe.
No one can guarantee that the same will happen to you but doing something like riding a canoe or boating or even any adventure sports for that matter is an excellent idea for a romantic date.
Gone are the days when romantic only meant silent candlelight dinners (more on that next). Today, both men and women prefer to take it one notch further. So why not try it?
5. Candle Light Dinner – While we swear by all the unconventional date night ideas highlighted above, this one is super effective. If you have done something to spurn your lover, then it is better not to indulge in adventure immediately thereafter. You do not want to be pushed off a boat on your date.
Jokes aside, taking your partner on a candlelight dinner is still one of the most popular and common modes of proposing marriage. The success rates are also high (though that completely depends on your relationship). If you are looking to recreate the perfect candlelight dinner at home, you can check out Dhgate – China’s best wholesale site for some of your supplies and gifts.
The best way to make your date night perfect is to make it personal. All the best ideas in the world can fail to work if you do not put in genuine effort to let the other person know what you think about them. Doing a bit of research about their likes can help too.