Trying to spice up your cookout while on keto? Try these delectable chicken recipes
So, you’ve heard about the ketogenic diet and decided to give it a try. It can be very easy to have dinner troubles, especially when you have a whole family to feed. Bathing chicken & vegetables in olive oil to roast sounds delicious, but there has to be far more to keto chicken recipes than that!
Whether you want to make chicken teriyaki using a keto teriyaki sauce from Hungry Squirrel, or you want to make a chicken chili, there are many ways you can use this lean meat to make artistic dinners. Here’s our list of keto chicken recipes that’ll be a great hit at your next dinner party.
Buffalo Chicken Soup
Soups are usually full of carbs, giving the keto version a bit of a challenge. Vegetable soups especially are known for being really carby, but you could still make a nice keto friendly meal out of your soup.
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cream cheese
- Ranch dressing
- Buffalo sauce
- Chicken broth
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Bell pepper
- Chicken breast
- Use an instant pot.
- Sauté the celery, bell pepper, and garlic in the butter.
- Add the chicken breast, onion and garlic powder, paprika and chicken broth.
- Put the lid on the instant pot, sealing the pressure valve and set the cooker to twenty minutes.
- Have the pressure naturally release for five to ten minutes.
- Manually release the rest.
- Remove the chicken and shred it.
- Add the buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, cream cheese, and shredded cheese.
- Whisk the mixture until it’s smooth.
- Then put the mixture back in the soup.
Keto White Chicken Chili
Have you ever heard of white chili? It’ll go well with the changing seasons, keeping you full and comfortable for several hours. It’s wonderful to the taste and can be stored in your freezer for another time!
- 1 pound of chicken breast
- 1.5 cups of chicken broth
- 2 ground garlic cloves
- 1 4.5 oz can of chopped green chiles
- 1 chopped jalapeño
- 1 chopped green pepper
- ¼ cup of diced onion
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- ¼ cup of whipping cream
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Take out a large pot.
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
- Over medium heat, cook both sides of the chicken until it’s gold.
- Pour the broth in the pot.
- Cover and cook the chicken for fifteen to twenty minutes (or until it’s well done).
- While the chicken is still cooking, melt the butter in a medium skillet.
- Put the chiles, jalapeño, onion and green pepper in the skillet and sauté them until they’re soft.
- Add the garlic and sauté it for thirty seconds.
- Turn the heat off and put it aside.
- Once the chicken is thoroughly cooked, shred with a fork then put it back in the broth.
- Put the sautéed vegetables in the pot with the chicken and broth.
- Then let simmer for ten minutes.
- Take a different bowl.
- Soften the cream cheese in a microwave until you can stir it for about twenty seconds.
- Mix the cream cheese with the whipping cream.
- While stirring quickly, put the mixture into the pot with the chicken and vegetables.
- Cook for an additional fifteen minutes.
- Add whatever toppings you want! You could add cilantro, pepper jack cheese, avocados, etc.
Chicken Fajita Salad
There’s nothing worse than a boring salad. How could we finish our list of keto chicken recipes without a salad? They’re so easy and fun to make, and can be an excellent addition to the summer months.
- Cilantro lime dressing
- Olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 sprig of cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons of paleo taco seasoning
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- Grind the garlic & cilantro.
- Put the chicken inside a plastic zip lock bag and put all of the ingredients inside.
- Massage the spices into the chicken.
- Put it in the fridge to marinate for thirty minutes to a day.
- Heat the one tablespoon of olive oil in a hot skillet.
- Add the chicken thighs.
- Cook each side until they’re thoroughly cooked.
- Move the chicken to a chopping board.
- Slice the chicken.
- Cut the peppers & onion.
- In a large skillet, add the two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the sliced peppers & onions.
- Cook until they start to soften.
- Add the taco spice with the water.
- Cook until the water has evaporated.
- Turn the heat off and set it aside.
- Slice the tomatoes and avocado.
- Cut up the romaine lettuce.
- Take a large bowl.
- Add the lettuce, tomatoes & avocado.
- Add the cooked peppers & onions.
- Add the sliced chicken thighs
- Pour the cilantro lime dressing all over the salad.
Are there any keto chicken recipes we missed? Drop them off in the comments so we can use them next time!