Boosteroid: changing the gaming world
Independence to play anywhere, anytime.
In recent years, the video game industry has been booming. According to Newzoo, the games market reached $180.3 billion in 2021. While it prospers on its own, with all restrictions caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, even more people are looking for ways to pass their free time and to reduce anxiety and tension. Many of them, children and adults alike, have turned to video games. The number of gamers worldwide is moving towards three billion people in giant leaps.
As technologies keep improving, so do video games. An age of pixelated screens is long gone, and lifelike graphics quality rules the day. Gaming as a whole and some separate titles have become a kind of social media platform to interact with one’s friends digitally and even make new ones.
But while the video game industry is on the rise, the global chip shortage that affected consoles and PC parts is not ending anytime soon. And since the video game industry is all about innovation, this is the big time for cloud gaming.
Cloud-based services have proved to be highly popular even before the pandemic. A growing number of players pushed some tech giants, including Amazon and Google and some small start-ups, to choose this direction after seeing its high potential. Remember, as of January 2022, Netflix video streaming has a market cap of $228.50 billion.
To achieve the same success in the cloud gaming market companies have to offer unique solutions. First of all, it’s about overcoming all the technical limitations of the modern gaming world. For example, most games only run under Windows operating system, and the broadest game catalog is only available on a personal computer.
Boosteroid cloud gaming platform helps gamers overcome these issues and offers numerous advantages over conventional gaming.
These features include:
- No need for expensive hardware, which is self-explanatory: the cloud gaming service runs your game for you on their hardware while you enjoy the gaming process on your device.
- Cross-platform gaming on devices: run PC games on any available device, smartphones, and TVs included. Launch Windows-only games on Linux, Android, macOS, or iOS. The progress is synced to all devices under the same account. As for the TV, you can play using almost any controller or even a smartphone. In the latter case, Boosteroid offers its proprietary application for Android and iOS.
- Setting up the service is extremely simple: no need to install a dedicated desktop client (though there is an option for those demanding). Boosteroid is a browser-based service, so just log into the website to start playing.
- Integrate your games using your existing game clients like Wargaming Game Center, Epic Games, Steam, etc. There is no need to download or install games supported by the service; your device storage belongs to you, not your games.
- Continuous development: Boosteroid partners with Asus, Intel, and other companies to constantly improve the service by reducing delays, optimizing image quality, and expanding its capabilities.
The combination of these features and a stable 15 Mbps connection fundamentally changes the gaming paradigm from the way it was before. It’s like online shopping or paying with a smartphone. If you told someone about this 15 years ago, no one would have believed it. Now you have the independence to play anywhere, anytime.