Tips to dress up for Christmas party in London
The year of 2021 is coming to an end and the season of Christmas is approaching fast bringing with itself a lot of snow and an atmosphere of festive cheer. This festival of Christmas is celebrated all across the world and most people who stay away from their families return home to celebrate it with their loved ones. Since this festival is very close to the New Year, a lot of parties, both private and public, are held in the last week of the year.
There are high chances that you may be invited to such parties if you’re living in London. So if you want some tips on how to dress up for such parties then read on.
- The festive season is not the time to be dull. Pull out all the bright colours from your wardrobe and style them up with accessories to match up to the cheer of the Christmas season. Refer to the latest style magazine on what colours will be a great wear for Christmas parties. Jewel tones and metallic colours work very well for parties.
- Always dress according to the time of the party. The daytime parties will warrant a different kind of dress than the evening parties. Opt for warm toned pastel dresses or bright solid dresses to make the atmosphere of the party livelier as opposed to the London weather. For the evenings you can wear the shiny sequin party dresses or the jewel tones stylish velvet outfits.
- Don’t go beyond your budget to pick a dress for the many Christmas parties. If your budget allows, then you can go for a designer dress or else you can wait for the yearly Christmas and holiday season sales to pick your favourite outfit.
- Coats and sweaters are a must to keep you warm in the winter season. Stylish trench coats, cashmere sweaters and woollen cardigans are timeless and never tend to go out of fashion. These are available in a variety of shades that can match your outfit and make you look feminine and sophisticated. Another fabric that is classy and popular during winters is corduroy pants which can be paired with an elegant Christmas sweater for a party look.
- Always wear layers so that you can adjust yourself to the surrounding temperatures. Wearing layers of clothing can allow you to put on something extra for the frigid cold temperatures outside and also allow you to take off a few layers to be comfortable for an indoor party.
- Invest in a good muffler. The right kind of muffler can really upgrade your Christmas party look. You can buy it in colours of red and green so as to match the party theme. If you’re not a fan of red and green then you can opt for a neutral colour that will match with most of your outfits.
- Make sure to choose a snug footwear. Wear stockings along with a comfortable pair of stilettoes. If you are anticipating a lot of walking and dancing then opt for block heels or wedges. Boots are available in different heel types and heel heights and look great with both dresses and pants.
- Accessories are an important part of your outfit and therefore you should make sure to pick and match the right ones according to your look. If you’re dressing up a little casual in a flannel shirt then try to pair them up with some elegant sparkly lab grown diamond jewellery to enhance your look. You can pair some chunky jewellery like necklaces, bracelets and earrings with the winter sweaters and cardigans to add a touch of glamour to your Christmas party outfit.