We’re looking for an online news editorial intern to join our entertainment-focused newsroom. This person will learn how to become a content writer for a busy online platform.
The editorial intern works alongside the editorial team and learns how to write, administrate, publish, and promote content. This candidate also learns SEO, how to spot trending topics, and how to adjust style across a number of publications.
After the successful completion of three months of training, the editorial intern has all the skills to apply for a role at Dirty Work Media or another publication.
Please note: you do not need a college degree to apply for this role. We’ll train you on the job. You do need writing skills and a love for grammar and the written word, however.
Location: In our virtual/online office.
- Passion for film
- Desire to work as a journalist or editor
- Understanding of online publications
- Tenacity and desire to succeed
You will learn:
- How to communicate with PR companies
- How to request screeners, preview invites and interviews
- How to manage an editorial calendar
- How to develop relationships with sponsors & brands
- How to manage an editorial writing team
- How to select press releases for inclusion
- How to review & preview movies
- Social media marketing & advertising for an online publication
- How to work on strict deadlines and prioritize your tasks
- How to run a busy film festival
- How to communicate with talent, celebrities, and VIPs
- How to act as a research assistant for a busy newsroom
Apply using the form below. Anyone applying without these items will be automatically disqualified.