Best Italian Food to try in Chicago
Chicago is a city known for its diverse and delicious food scene. Many iconic foods are synonymous with the city, from deep-dish pizza to Italian beef sandwiches to Chicago-style hot dogs. But Chicago’s food scene goes beyond the classics, with a wide range of international cuisine, innovative fusion restaurants, and farm-to-table eateries. You can find it in Chicago whether you’re in the mood for tacos, sushi, or vegan fare. And with a strong emphasis on locally-sourced ingredients and sustainable practices, Provare Chicago is leading the way in Italian food cuisines. With so much delicious food to try, it’s no wonder that Chicago is considered one of the best food cities in the world. Chicago has a great selection of Italian food to try! Here are some popular dishes to look for:
- Deep-dish pizza – While not strictly Italian, Chicago is famous for its deep-dish pizza, a thick, doughy pizza with many cheeses and toppings.
- Italian beef sandwich – This Chicago classic is made with thinly sliced roast beef, served on an Italian roll, and dipped in gravy or au jus.
- Pasta dishes – Chicago has many great pasta dishes, such as spaghetti carbonara, fettuccine alfredo, and linguine with clams.
- Risotto – This creamy rice dish is often served with seafood, mushrooms, or other flavorful ingredients.
- Osso buco – This Milanese dish consists of braised veal shanks in a rich tomato-based sauce, often served with risotto.
- Bruschetta – This appetizer consists of toasted bread topped with garlic, olive oil, and various toppings, such as tomatoes, basil, and cheese.
- Caprese salad – This simple salad is made with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil, drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Tiramisu – This classic Italian dessert consists of layers of ladyfingers soaked in espresso, layered with mascarpone cheese, and dusted with cocoa powder.
- Cannoli – These Italian pastries are filled with sweetened ricotta cheese and often have a crispy shell coated in powdered sugar.
- Gelato – This Italian ice cream is dense and creamy, with flavors ranging from traditional vanilla and chocolate to more adventurous options like pistachio and stracciatella.
In conclusion, Chicago offers a diverse and delicious selection of Italian food that will satisfy any craving. From classic deep-dish pizza and Italian beef sandwiches to rich pasta dishes, creamy risotto, and decadent desserts like tiramisu and cannoli, there is something for everyone to enjoy. The city’s Italian restaurants, many of which have been around for generations, are known for their commitment to quality ingredients and authentic flavors. Try some of these, such as Monteverde, Provare Chicago, or Volare Ristorante Italiano. Whether you’re a local or a visitor, try some of Chicago’s best Italian food, and you won’t be disappointed!