Give in to your sweet tooth with these homemade ice cream recipes
Food is the way to a person’s heart, especially sweet treats. Ice cream in particular is a delight for people with a sweet tooth. Summers or winters, ice cream is a comfort dessert with so many flavors to pick from. Why break the bank with tubs of ice cream when you can make yourself some fresh homemade ice cream with our recipes?
Making homemade ice creams is surprisingly easy. The majority of time-taking steps in the recipes are taken care of by your freezer, as in, you pop it in the freezer overnight and your household appliance does the work for you. Key equipment required in the quest to make amazing ice creams at home is an ice cream maker. Ice cream makers available to purchase on Amazon start at an average price of thirty dollars.
Movie nights, sunny weekends, beach days, etc. – they all call for some great ice cream. Treat yourself by making these mouth-wateringly delicious homemade ice creams from the list of delectable recipes we’ve compiled below.
Butter pecan ice cream
The nutty mellow ice cream consists of caramel goodness & crunchy pecans. A warm-flavored no-bake dessert for the soul. Perfect for people who enjoy the salty-sweet conundrum.
Ice cream: 2 cups whole milk, 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, 4 egg yolks, pinch of salt, 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, 2 cups half-and-half, 2 cups whipping cream, and 2 tsp. vanilla extract.
Candied Butter Pecans: 1 cup pecans, 1 cup sugar, and 2 tbsp. unsalted butter.
- For the ice cream, start with a medium saucepan, add & whisk together milk, brown sugar, egg yolks, and salt.
- Place pan over medium-high heat until mixture reaches a simmer.
- Lower heat to medium and whisk mixture for 5 minutes or until it begins to thicken.
- Strain mixture into a large bowl and whisk in butter until combined; then incorporate half-and-half, cream, and vanilla.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- For the candied butter pecans, start with a heavy skillet over medium heat, combine pecans, sugar, and butter, stirring constantly for about 6 minutes or until sugar has melted and browned.
- Remove from heat; spread nuts on foil. Once nuts have cooled, break into bite-size pieces and reserve.
- Pour ice cream mixture into ice-cream maker; process according to manufacturer instructions. Once ice cream’s made, stir in reserved pecans.
Raspberry cheesecake ice cream
Make the classic ice cream at home with the taste of fresh raspberries cutting through the rich & creamy cheese.
3 oz. cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, 1 1/2 cups pureed & strained raspberries, 1 cup whipping cream, and 1 cup whole milk.
- In a large bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth; add sugar and continue whisking until combined.
- Whisk in raspberries, followed by cream and milk until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into ice-cream maker; process according to manufacturer instructions.
Espresso chip ice cream
Gather around coffee-lovers because this one’s for you. Tasting a mix of bitter & saccharine, this homemade ice cream recipe is the perfect blend of coffee & chocolate making it a delectably dark treat with an extra pop of caffeine.
3 cups whole milk, 2 cups heavy cream, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt, 1 vanilla bean, 5 large egg yolks, 2 tbsp. instant espresso powder, and 6 oz. finely shredded dark chocolate.
- Whisk together the first five ingredients in a large, heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often for four minutes or until sugar dissolves & mixture is hot.
- Gradually whisk about 1 cup hot milk mixture into yolks and then whisk yolk mixture into remaining milk mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, eight to ten minutes or until mixture thickens and coats a spoon.
- Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding solids.
- Stir in instant espresso powder and cool completely. Chill eight to twenty-four hours or until very cold.
- Stir chocolate into mixture and pour into bowl of an electric ice-cream maker. Process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Freeze one hour before serving.
Enjoy these rich & thick no-bake desserts using our homemade ice cream recipes!