Salary Competitive + Bonus (DOE)
25 – 40 hours a week
Contract length: 3 months – the end of time
Are you driven & determined?
Do you love keeping your clients organized?
Do you believe strong organization skills are the route to everything good in life?
Do you like talking and being heard?
Do you know how to manage a team of interns & assistants?
Can you cope well under pressure?
We have the perfect job for you.
Who we are: Always now, forever independent
Film Daily is a new online platform connecting audiences with indie filmmakers via news, views, and reviews.
We are a scrappy new media startup aiming to disrupt the film distribution and production industries. We work with amazing, storied clients and new emerging technologies & agencies.
We foster a culture of communication, community, teamwork, and collaboration.
What we can offer (the right candidate)
- Ongoing training
- Access to stream endless films & TV
- Invitations to red carpet events & exclusive film previews
- Market rate salary & attractive bonus structure
- Travel opportunities within the UK & USA
- 28 vacation days per year
- Attractive bonus scheme
Successful candidates can work from home or in our purpose-built studio in North Yorkshire.
- A self-starter
- Able to drive, with access to a vehicle
- A problem solver
- A team player
- Up for a challenge
- Discreet and aware of confidentiality in the workplace
- An exceptional administrator with a working knowledge of contracts
- Resilient and able to work in a fast-moving business
- Proactive: you see problems and solve them before they are an issue, you see a new way of doing things and implement it without a second thought
- Sound knowledge of local employment law
- Typing speed of 45 WPM or more
- Working knowledge of iOS
- Working knowledge of Google Docs, Trello, Excel & Slack
- Great interpersonal skills
- Operations, administration, and customer-service experience
- Desire to work in the film industry
- Love for film which you can translate into passion in your work
- Desire to work at a fast-paced startup
- Can-do attitude
- Strong sense of self
- Great time management skills
- Both organisation and strong attention to detail
- Love for the internet: you live on the internet
- Experience working with company director(s) previously
We are looking for a versatile, hard-working HR Manager to join our team. You will be working to support the growth of our team. No two days will ever be the same working for this emerging new media startup. One day, you’re at a press event meeting and greeting the Hollywood elite, the next you’re on location at 6am. You will be the first and last point of contact for our hardworking team.
You will be committed to maintaining excellent relationships with our staff and pool of freelancers. Organisation is not only your strong point, but your passion. You will create systems, protocols, and procedures daily to organise the chaos of a dynamic media company.
You will be one of the most important persons in our organisation – our success depends on your excellence.
- Relationship management with staff & prospective staff
- Organisation of our recruitment process for freelance & employed staff
- Liaison with our accounts team & payroll dept
- Execution of our detailed recruitment process
- Dispute resolution
- Contract creation & monitoring
- Gathering & storing confidential tax information from staff
- Develop HR strategy
- Ensure we are fully compliant with local laws for employed staff & freelancers
- Manage HR records, electronically filing & backing up
- Work with third parties (HMRC, accountants, lawyers) on required reports
- Produce job descriptions
- List new job openings using all available resources
- Create partnerships with local education and government institutions
- Maintain updated list of available talent
- Facilitate performance reviews
- Work with local organizations to bring relevant training schemes to our employees
- Manage our trainee scheme
- Manage our intern scheme
- Develop staff handbooks and video onboarding guides
- Make partners in the local community to develop wellbeing initiatives for our team