Enter the Killer Shorts Horror Short Screenplay Competition today
In the past few years horror shorts have become a goldmine for Hollywood. Feature films such as The Babadook, Lights Out, Mama, and Saw originated as proof-of-concept shorts. Shorts like Whisper, The Burden Behind Sweet Tooth, and Milk were discovered by producers like James Wan and Sam Raimi and are now in development as features.
It all starts with the script
Killer Shorts Horror Short Screenplay Competition was created to discover inspire and promote emerging screenwriters around the world as they dig up the freshest new voices in horror.
Killer Shorts is passionate about horror and all its subgenres. Horrifying monsters, psychological terrors, hilarious horror comedies, creepy creatures: whatever your dark & twisted mind can imagine! If you love and make horror, you should definitely enter their contest this Gothtober.
Call to entry info and fees
October 15th, 2019
November 15th, 2019
December 15th, 2019
Killer Shorts’s top three scripts will be read by agents, managers, and producers at the following companies: Grey Matter Productions, Paradigm Talent Agency, Good Fear Content, and Affirmative Entertainment.
In addition to guaranteed industry reads, a combined $3,000+ worth of prizes are also up for grabs. The top 3 screenwriters will receive:
- Free copies of Final Draft
- Waived entry to WeScreenplay Shorts, Screencraft Shorts, Crimson Screen Horror Film Fest and Oregon Scream Horror Week Film Festival
- 5 Free Pitches on Virtual Pitch Fest
- Free Subscriptions to Shudder
- VIP Platinum Membership on Screenwriters Network*
- Increased rank on Coverfly’s The Red List, with exposure to thousands of industry professionals who are looking for great screenplays
- and more!
*Since 2016, The Screenwriters Network is the world’s most popular screenwriting Discord server, with a fast-growing community of over 3000+ amateur and professional screenwriters. The server offers both free and premium VIP membership with additional perks and benefits.