40 hours per week
We’re looking for a savvy social media trainee to join our media company and help us grow to the next level. You will be fully trained for this role: the right person can grow to become the social media manager across all our platforms.
You’ll be working on our suite of entertainment-focused content websites, helping broadcast our message to our loyal fanbase and growing userbase.
What we’re looking for
If you’re looking for a challenge and are keen to join a growing media company, apply now.
- Is your smartphone never out of your hand?
- Do you dream in Instagram stories?
- Is your bookmark list full of Facebook Groups?
- Do you know your Snapchat from your Meetup?
- Do you know how to get a story trending using hashtags?
- Can you make content go viral with the click of a mouse or tap of a finger?
- Passion for film & TV
- Love of fandoms and bingewatching
- 1+ years experience working in the social media arena
- Understanding of social media for community-building
- Tenacity & desire to succeed
- Working knowledge of all social media platforms: Google+, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Meetup, Mix, BlogLovin’, Facebook Groups, Meetups, Pinterest
- Working knowledge of Slack, Canva, Trello, Google Docs, Animoto, iOS, Android, Excel
- Cool head under pressure
- Encyclopedic knowledge of how social media works
- Ability to write grammatically with the purpose of entertaining audience members
- Work with the product team to create clickable content
- Cross-post on social media channels
- Manage a content marketing calendar
- Conversation marketing
- Hashtag searches
- Grow user bases across all social media channels
- Manage social media contests
- Optimize social media conversations for maximum reach
- Engage our existing social media community & supercharge them
100% location-independent, remote working. Successful candidate must be able to work 9 – 6pm Eastern US Time.
Send over your resume, cover letter, and a portfolio including links to social media accounts you have managed, including key metrics, and milestones.