Social Media Intern
40 hours per week
Contract length: 3 months or longer
What we are looking for
If you’re looking for a challenge and are keen to get in on the ground floor of a new media startup, apply to join us now.
- Is your smartphone never out of your hand?
- Do you dream in Instagram stories?
- Is your bookmark list full of Facebook Groups?
- Do you know your Snapchat from your Meetup?
- Do you know how to get a story trending using hashtags?
- Do you know how to drive sales by crafting clickable social media posts?
- Can you make content go viral with the click of a mouse?
Do you want to build a career in social media? This educational position will train you on how to manage a hectic social media schedule and grow a loyal social media audience.
- Passion for film
- Personal experience managing & growing social media profiles
- Understanding of the science behind social media
- Copywriting skills
- Understanding of online publications
- Tenacity & desire to succeed
- Working knowledge of all social media platforms: Google+, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Meetup, Stumbleupon, BlogLovin’, Facebook Groups, Meetups, Pinterest
- Working knowledge of Slack, Canva, Trello, Google Docs, Animoto, iOS, Android, Excel
- Cool head under pressure
- Extensive knowledge of current film & TV trends
- Ability to write grammatically with the purpose of entertaining audience members
- Ability to source inspirational, license-free stock images
- Ability to use video to boost posts’ value
You’ll be working closely with our Community team and Social Media Assistant to learn how to:
- Work with the product team to create clickable content
- Cross-post on social media channels
- Manage a content marketing calendar
- Use conversations to market products
- Use hashtags at appropriate times
- Search trending topics using hashtags
- Build relationships with sponsors & brands
- Grow user bases across all social media channels
- Manage social media contests
- Optimize social media conversations for maximum reach
- Engage our existing social media community and supercharging them
What we can offer (the right candidate)
- Ongoing training
- Access to stream endless films & TV
- Invitations to red carpet events & exclusive film previews
- Market rate salary & attractive bonus structure
- Travel opportunities within the USA & Mexico
Successful candidates will be working online, with occasional days working in our head offices in LA or Mexico City.
Applicants must be able to legally work in the USA or Mexico.
Get a feel for what working for Film Daily could be like here.
Send over your resume, cover letter, and links to social media accounts you have managed, including key metrics & milestones.