Social Media Assistant
10 hours per week
We work with amazing, storied clients and emerging technologies & agencies. We focus on: fandoms, conventions, community, reboots, streaming, webseries, alternative distribution, and indie film festivals.
Our work environment is relaxed, but we tell it like it is. Positions tend to be flexible, with some work-at-home opportunities. We’re looking for the best person for this job, with no exceptions.
Do you believe strong organization skills are the route to everything good in life? Then this might be the perfect role for you.
We’re looking for an emerging social media assistant to work with us on Reddit and Facebook Groups. You’ll be working in a fast-paced new media startup where no two days will be the same. You’ll run our social media communities and interact with existing communities on behalf of our brands and our clients’ brands.
- Growing a social media following
- Relationship management
- Promoting content to Reddit and Facebook Group communities
- Liking content from partner brands
- Finding influencers to partner with
- Making influencer relationships
- Managing a variety of profiles internally and for our clients
- Using Slack for team communications
- Using Trello for team tasks
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a Reddit account and be active on the platform
- Have a Facebook account and be an active contributor to Facebook Groups
- Possess a love of film, music, media, and TV
- Be articulate, diligent, and hard-working
- Be incredibly organized
- Be able to use Trello and other project management tools
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in a social media role
- Be social media-savvy
- Have a personal network on Facebook & Reddit
- Understand how Facebook Groups and Reddit work
- Be flexible in your approach to work
- Be able to think on your feet
- Bonus: Be bilingual English/Spanish
Apply using the form below. In your cover letter, include links to three social media profiles you’ve managed in the past.