Min. 5 hours per week
3 month contract
We are looking for trainee script readers to join our development department.
What you will learn
- How the development department of a new media platform functions
- How to evaluate and provide feedback on screenplays
- Administrative skills
- Maybe even greenlight a screenplay which meets our criteria
- Work hand-in-hand with our screenwriting competition entrants to provide valuable coverage and help choose the winner of our ongoing screenwriters’ prizes.
- Read scripts
- Provide coverage
- Maintain contact databases
- 1+ year script reading experience
- Film/English or script writing degree
- Working knowledge of Google & Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of Excel & Google Sheets
- Working knowledge of social media & forums
- Knowledge of the film industry & film festival circuit
- Love of independent film
- Working computer
- Stable internet connection
- Experience working in an office environment
- Typing speeds of 35 WPM & up
- Excellent reading & listening skills
- Candidates must be available to commit to at least 5 hours per week.
- This is an online position, with some in office work if you are in LA or Mexico City.
- Pay is DOE and is calculated on a per-script basis.