Film Daily is looking for a Queer Culture Junior Trainee to join our busy digital newsroom. This is a valuable, paid educational role in which trainees will work hand-in-hand with the managing editor. Our team is focused on creating unique, shareable content on the themes of film, TV, entertainment, life, and new media.
In this position, you will be focusing on topics related to queer culture: art, stories, politics, issues, and more.
Junior Trainees train intensively on writing according to our lofty journalistic standards and sharp, snappy site style, as well as assisting writers & editors on an ad-hoc basis, such as article research & preparing images.
At this level, perfect for recent graduates, those changing careers, higher-education leavers, and grammar enthusiasts, we’ll train you on how to write pieces on trending news that leverage SEO and how to format your argument properly.
You will learn
- How a busy editorial team works
- Deadline setting & execution
- How to spot a trending news story
- How to create viral content
- How to research and write an article
- How to source images
- How to output news-based content consistently within a busy newsroom on a tight deadline
- How to collaborate with a large online team
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Writing skills with a portfolio to back it up
- Understanding of how the online magazine business works
- Understanding of social media
- Love for film & TV
- Stoic, can-do attitude
- Clear understanding of journalistic ethics & legal principles
- Great attention to detail
- Love of the internet & technology
- Great sense of humor