Pay commensurate with experience
40 hours per week
Contract term: 3 Months – the end of time
Start date: March 1 2019
Location: In our virtual/online office or in person in our Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico location.
Do you believe strong organization skills are the route to everything good in life?
We work with amazing, storied clients, and emerging technologies & agencies. We focus on: fandoms, conventions, community, reboots, streaming, web series, alternative distribution and indie film festivals.
Our work environment is relaxed, but we tell it like it is. Positions tend to be flexible, with some work-at-home opportunities. We’re looking for the best person for this job with no exceptions.
- Film & TV obsessive
- Dedicated lifelong learner
- Looking for a new challenge
- Willing to do whatever it takes to achieve results
- Able to prioritize your workload
- Team player
- Up for a challenge
- Discreet and aware of confidentiality in the workplace
- Exceptional administrator with a working knowledge of contracts
- Resilient and able to work in a fast-moving business
- Highly detail-oriented
- Proactive: you see problems and solve them before they are an issue; you see a new way of doing things and implement it without a second thought
You’ll be the first point of call for our team members. You’ll test them, recruit them, and handle the paperwork. You’ll be the first person they go to if they have a problem, and you’ll go back to them to award their excellence.
You’ll be responsible for implementing and devising project management systems using tools like Slack and Trello. You’ll train our team on best practices and assure they’re adhered to everyday.
You’ll act as our in-house scrum master, leading our daily teamwide scrum and making sure each team has priorities organized and is supported to reach daily goals.
You’ll work closely with local authorities and make relationship with potential funding sources. You’ll prepare financial reports and manage grant applications.
Research & development
- Relationship management
- Funding & grants research and applications
- Business licensing
- Office management
- Scrum management
- Event production
- Research & development
- Developing relationships with stakeholders & partners
- Optimizing our products for peak monetization
- Looking for new ways to promote & monetize our products
- Relationship management
Funding & Grants
- Building relationships with potential funders
- Researching relevant available funds
- Assisting with grant application process
- Managing the recruitment process
- Making relationships with stakeholders, partners, and clients
- Managing production for in-house events
- Recruiting production staff
- Typing speed of 45 WPM or more
- Working knowledge of iOS
- Working knowledge of Google Docs, Trello, Excel, and Slack
- Great interpersonal skills (You could sell ice to Inuits.)
- Operations, administration, and customer service experience
- Desire to work in the film industry OR film biz experience
- Desire to work at a fast-paced startup
- Can-do attitude
- Strong sense of self
- Great time-management skills
- Both organization and strong attention to detail
- Love for the internet: you live on the internet
- Experience working with company director(s) previously
How To Apply
The role is temp to begin with and will become a full-time role with benefits for the right candidate. There will be a one-month probation period followed by a three-month fixed term contract; if we’re a good fit, this role can become full-time permanent. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US or Mexico.
- Salary is DOE.
We want to know about: your past clients, your skills, your hobbies, any professional certifications you hold, and your greatest work successes or failures.
- One of the following:
- Your personal website OR
- Your current one sheet OR
- An intro video
- Cover letter telling us about your passion for film & TV
- Current resume
- Data report detailing metrics or analytics from previous or current role
- Your showreel (if you have one)
- Links to your social media or clients’ social media pages
Shortlisted applicants will be expected to take a competency test before an offer is made.