Pay commensurate with experience
20 hours per week
Contract term: 3 Months – the end of time
Start date: March 1 2019
Location: In our virtual/online office or in person in our Guadalajara location.
We work with amazing, storied clients, and emerging technologies & agencies. We focus on: fandoms, conventions, community, reboots, streaming, web series, alternative distribution and indie film festivals.
Our work environment is relaxed, but we tell it like it is. Positions tend to be flexible, with some work-at-home opportunities. We’re looking for the best person for this job with no exceptions.
- Are you a high achiever? Do you have a proven track record of delivering exceptional results (in your last role, at University, on your personal projects)?
- Are you a dedicated lifelong learner?
- Are you looking for a new challenge?
- Are you willing to do whatever it takes to achieve results?
- Are you able to prioritize your workload?
- Do you think change in Hollywood is long overdue?
- Are you an expert programmer with Python experience?
- Do you want to freelance at a fast-paced startup where you have room to grow?
- Are you looking for an online part-time freelance role?
- Design and implement data mining models & algorithms
- Create and store data streams using data scraping techniques and API programming
- Implement, test, modify, and debug programming code
- Monitor the progress of your activities, meeting project goals
- Devise automation techniques
- Collaboration with other developers
- Degree in Computer Science or self-taught skills
- 1+ years working in the office of a busy tech company
- 1+ years experience of working in a remote office
- Exhibits proficiency and comfortability with one of the following programming languages: Python, C++, Java, similar
- Familiarity with relational database technology
- Experience with distributed web applications
- Experience working in Agile development environments