Monthly stipend + bonus structure
40 hours per week
3 months to perm
Online/remote working or in our LA or Mexico City office
Do you want to build a career as a copywriter? This educational position will train you on how to write copy that converts.
The role goes for 3 months to start, but can become full-time for the right person.
You will learn:
- How to influence people with the right words
- How to craft strategic sales copy to drive profits.
- How to use engagement, metrics, and analytics to judge the success of your campaigns
- How to craft short, sweet, and audience-appropriate copy for all types of audiences
- To set the voice and brand identity of a fast-moving (fast-growing) startup
You’ll work closely with our Chief of Copy and Senior Copywriter on a daily basis and be trained on how to manage personnel as well as your calendar. You’ll be writing dynamic, persuasive copy that encourages clicks and actions on a daily basis. You’ll work closely with our marketing teams, brand ambassadors, and brand partners from brief to execution.
You’ll be learning how to:
- Influence all segments of our audience with your words
- Create narratives for advertising campaigns, job listings, social media marketing, prospect marketing, newsletters, promotional videos and branded content
- Monitor metrics and analytics of all projects
- Work with our social media team to assure all copy is on brand
- Act as a brand evangelist at all times
- Work closely with video producers, script writers, designers and web developers on project copy
- Work with our advertising sales department to craft the perfect content for our brand partners
- Write advertorial content for our partners and clients
- You’ve handled newsletter copy & production
- Can use Trello, Riot, Slack, Google Drive, Microsoft Suite, Google Analytics, Canva – bonus points for Adobe Suite literacy
- Written copy for a variety of social media platforms including: LinkedIn, SnapChat, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, and more
- You’re a film & TV lover who keeps up-to-date with indie film news & streaming shows.
- You can work legally in the USA or Mexico.
- Minimum 6 months writing professionally
Remote + occasional office days in our LA or Mexico City locations
Get a feel for what working for Film Daily could be like here.
How to apply
- Your portfolio, including tear sheets and any metrics to support your application
- Your resume & cover letter
- Links to your highest ranking campaigns
- Links to social media copy you have written